Not supporting Chinese is a failure

Not supporting Chinese is a failure

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

You should report this to Gao Hucheng.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Maybe we would be more inclined if your government was not working so hard to block the rest of the world so they can exert maximum control over its citizens.  Then there is that little thing about hacking and spamming the rest of the world.

However, Chinese users are supported by the community.  I answered your question about needing Chinese language support; language packages are offered in the Market.  This language pack has both Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified; http://www.boonex.com/m/new-multi-language-pack-for-dolphin-osho

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Dolphin includes English and Russian - that's what the BoonEx developers speak, and it means they will be officially supported and updated with Dolphin. This is an excellent base, and serves most users fine. You can easily translate Dolphin into other languages, or search the market for a language pack. GG also linked to a large pack that includes Chinese, as well as other languages. Expecting every language to be included by default is not reasonable.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 5 Sep 2015

I have to admit I totally agree with geek_girl on this subject. Chinese language is not an essential because the Chinese government block a lot of content via social networking. They can even cut off the TV screens it is that strict just looking at the hong kong situation recently, the TV cut off when footage of an uprising occurred via TV.

If your target is China itself, then make sure you do not overstep the boundaries or you will get your site blocked from all Chinese ISP's. Can Chinese language be implemented? yes! but make sure your site is targeted for Chinese language speakers who are outside of China. But if you are strictly targeting Chinese networks you may want to aim for permissions like linkedin did for example. You may have to contact the local authorities to allow access. But that is out of my league you would have to sort that yourself. I have a lot of Chinese business contacts and they will tell you the same.

Always good to aim high and target such an awesome economic country like china. Good luck with your project.

Quote · 5 Sep 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.