ORCA FORUM

I have Orca Forum installed on my dolphin 6.1.4 site.  I can create topics but cant post to them or do anything further than make folders?

Can anyone suggest anything that could be wrong, and if so how i might resolve it.

Quote · 12 Nov 2008

I have just gotten to the Orca setup tasks as I put my site together.  I have found the same thing.  I have not been able to find where I can post to the forums.  I can create the folders no problem, but I see no links for posting topics to them. 

Quote · 14 Nov 2008

Ok. I found my issue.  I was operating under the wrong assumption.

The top level folders are groups.  You need to create Forums within the groups.  Once this is done then you can add topics to the forums.

I had interpreted the group level as the Forum Level.  This does seem like an odd structure to me.  I am new to Forum hosting though.  If these groups actually corresponded to groups on the site then this would make sense, but the group forums are totally unrelated and are not accessible through the main forum.

I hope this helps you meetingpoint.

Quote · 14 Nov 2008

Hi Eggs Any Style

Yep got to the same conclusion and its defo not the most user firendly forum i have ever come across but hey ho lol

Cheers

Quote · 17 Nov 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.