Orca Forum not working...

My Orca Forum is not working. If you go to www.av-techonline.com/forums you get a blank page.

I have just installed the Anatoa 'befriend' mod and that works well. I do not know if that caused the problem or not. I doubt it.

Any ideas??

Stuart

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 17 Feb 2009

You mean www.av-techonline.com/orca     ..... don't you?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 17 Feb 2009

Hi houstonlively, on the ball as usual hey!!

Yes your right. If you go to the 'Forum' item on the menu (which is what I really meant :-) ) you will see what I mean!

Stuart

Quote · 17 Feb 2009

Just out of curiosity, what is the size of your av-techonline.com/orca/index.php file

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 17 Feb 2009

Just out of curiosity, what is the size of your av-techonline.com/orca/index.php file

Orca index.php is 10,452. same as my backup copy.

Quote · 17 Feb 2009

Hi Stuart,

Please check your server's error log - there should hopefully be an entry in it when the blank forum page is generated.

Cheers

Anatoa

Quote · 17 Feb 2009

My Orca error log; the last entry was Nov 28th, 2008. It has been working perfectly up until now. So that would appear not to be the problem.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Please check your server's error log - there should hopefully be an entry in it when the blank forum page is generated.

Cheers

Anatoa

Quote · 17 Feb 2009

Just to be clear, assuming you are running Apache, by "Orca error log" you mean your apache error log for the av-techonline.com domain, right?

Quote · 17 Feb 2009

Just to be clear, assuming you are running Apache, by "Orca error log" you mean your apache error log for the av-techonline.com domain, right?

Ok, I was being a bit dense there...

This is the error log report:

[10-Jan-2009 01:40:12] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare BxDolPageView::getBlockCode_Eval() in /home/avtech/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolPageView.php on line 407
[10-Jan-2009 01:50:02] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare BxDolPageView::getBlockCode_Eval() in /home/avtech/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolPageView.php on line 407

There isn't a line 407...

Stuart

Quote · 17 Feb 2009

OK so no recent error there. What I would do in this case is make a backup of orca/index.php and then do some old fashion debugging to see how far into the file it gets by putting lines with

error_log("1",0);

error_log("2",0);

error_log("3",0);

etc throughout the file to see how far it gets... (you can see the corresponding "1", "2" etc in the error log).

Quote · 17 Feb 2009

Orca Forums are now working. I had to re-install  from a previous backup. I don't know what the problem was. I think a file must have got corrupted on the server.

Quote · 19 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.