PUREFTPD & ISPCONFIG3

I have a dedicated server (Ubuntu/Nginx) using ISPCONFIG3 as a basic control panel. ISPCONFIG is designed to work with PUREFTPD as its ftp client. I have set up both ISPCONFIG and PUREFTPD according to the developer's instructions; however, any user created FTP accounts via ISPCONFIG will not connect to ftp (FILEZILLA). I tested PUREFTPD with a sample account created via SHELL and it connects perfectly; so I know it PUREFTPD works and was installed properly. If anyone has any experience with these two pieces of software and knows a solution to my problem please post the fix here of PM me. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Quote · 20 Jul 2013

http://bikramkawan.com.np/how-to-fix-ispconfig-pure-ftpd-530-login-authentication-failed-ubuntu-linux/

try google, many have this problem.

so much to do....
Quote · 20 Jul 2013

Thank you for responding Prashank. I forgot to mention that prior to posting my problem here in the FORUMS, I completed an extensive and exhaustive Google search and read many tutorials with no fix. I previously saw the page of the link you posted and that fix does not work.

Quote · 20 Jul 2013

Thank you for responding Prashank. I forgot to mention that prior to posting my problem here in the FORUMS, I completed an extensive and exhaustive Google search and read many tutorials with no fix. I previously saw the page of the link you posted and that fix does not work.

Quote · 20 Jul 2013

Look at this from a topic I found on the net:

"And what about PAM? Are you using it?
If you use it, change it to unix authentication (i.e. pure-ftpd will use passw/shadow to authenticate users)"

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 20 Jul 2013

Thank you But didn't work.

Quote · 20 Jul 2013

I think instead of trying to get pure-ftpd to work I would uninstall it and install vsftpd instead.  I had trouble with a ftp server refusing to authenticate and I switched to vsftpd and problem was solved.  You should be able to set up ISPConfig 3 to use whatever ftp server you want.

Who are the ISPConfig users here?

Quote · 20 Jul 2013

many have this problem.

Which may be a good indicator to NOT use pure-ftpd.

Quote · 20 Jul 2013

Thank you GG for your help. Unfortunately vsftpd is not supported by ISPCONFIG - it is designed to work with pureftpd. I like the ISPCONFIG because it makes it very easy to add websites, email addresses, FTP users, DNS records, databases server monitoring services, NGINX rules rewrites, special directives,etc. can be applied directly on the panel. It makes it very simple to manage sites and saves me the time of trying to add this at the shell level and hope I don't screw things up :-). Previously I had the whole system working perfectly and don't know what is the cause of my problem now. I have set up the system exactly as I have in the past.

Quote · 21 Jul 2013

Just keep searching the internet; some times it takes awhile.

Quote · 21 Jul 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.