PayPal Question

Hello. I have tried to setup my PayPal with my Dolphin Site.

If I use IPN, the payment shows successful in my paypal admin, and I receive a message saying the payment has completed. However, when returned to the site, the user's membership level does not increase. In my database, my 'Transactions' table shows that the transaction was declined.

If I switch to PDT, after a successful payment, when the user is returned to the site, they receive the following message:

"Transaction verification failed. You seem to have tried to cheat our security system. Your IP is logged and reported. If you are persistent in your attempts you will be banned from our system services access."

Any ideas or suggestions ??? I'll gladly pay if someone can give me more personal attention with this issue as I am about ready to launch the website.

Thank you !!!

Quote · 17 Jan 2009

If you search this forum you find your answer. I remeber reading about this a couple of weeks ago. For one users the problem was with one of the paypal settings not dolphin. But the answer is here somewhere, if I get time I will search it out for you later

Quote · 17 Jan 2009

I made a tutorial for this. Find it in my blog. or in www.darrenpowless.com

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 17 Jan 2009

Thank you both for your posts, help, and quick responses !!

Mr. Powless, your videos have proved to be useful on more than one occasion!! However, after viewing your video on paypal, I have seen that my settings are exactly the same as yours. Well, not exactly because of the generated business and sandbox strings, but all the settings are identical.

FleaTrax, yes sir. I have seen numerous posts regarding this issue. I did a search on "paypal". However, I have yet to see one that has been resolved. So, if you do happen to see a solution, please post back here and let me know :)

Everything completes successfully both ways, whether using IPN or PDT. Payments are made and received, and I get confirmation and payment through Paypal from the user. But the membership level does not change for the user.

Quote · 17 Jan 2009

Just trying to keep this post alive.  I still have no idea what I am missing ???

Quote · 18 Jan 2009

OK.  Let me ask this.  Does ANYONE have a website which has successfully integrated with Dolphin ??  I checked and I received a fraud report from in my admin email from Dolphin.  It is as follows:

Fraud attempt was detected in Layla Personals checkout system. Here is details: Date/time: Saturday 17th 2009f January 2009 07:21:12 AM IP:xx .xxx.xxx.xx Payment module name: paypal Message: Wrong receiver email

Does the member email used in the site registration have to match the email that the user enters for Paypal ???

I am not sure what this fraud report means ???

Quote · 19 Jan 2009

Thank you for posting this.  Goodness, that's a horrible wording for a failed transaction.  Nice way to really poke a potential customer in the eye.

I have no idea on a help for your problem, but I went right away and checked my language files to see if that's a Dolphin error message or not, and yup, it's right there under "verification".

I changed my wording to:

"<b>Transaction verification failed.</b> I'm sorry, something went wrong.  Please click on the Live Support button to ask to speak to someone directly.

I sure hope to have a chance to save the member, not threaten them with hellfire and internet damnation. Geez. Need to look thru more of these language files!

Quote · 20 Jan 2009

tiny Q are you using a business account or a personal?

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 21 Jan 2009

Don't know if you were asking me, but I am using a business account.  Does this make a difference ???

Quote · 21 Jan 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.