Payment Processors

I have finally got around to looking into the issue of payments for membership, as well as other services (I assume classifieds for example can be charged for).  But I must be missing something here.  The Payment Processors page in admin is clear enough. As is settign up membership types and prices. But a couple of questions are bugging me ...

1.  How does one set up the prices, for example, for posting Classifieds? Or is this not an option?

2.  How would one go about adding new payment processors? (ones that aren't directly supported in Dolphin I mean - Boonex page says a feature is Dolphin can be integrated with any Payment Processor).  I tried to find modules in the files, so as to make my own, but no luck there ...

Any suggestions?

Thank

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

This tutorial will help with paypal:

http://www.jamestadeo.com/dolphin/boonex-dolphin-tutorial-how-to-set-up-paypal.php (link edited and now works)

and should be helpful as far as setting prices etc.

Not sure about the modules for new processors though. Perhaps others will help.

Thanks to member avhow for the link!

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

Hi there

Many thanks for the information, unfortunately the link does not work.

If you have access to the information could you please email it to me.

Many Thank

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

DO NOT click on the link. just copy and paste it...

Regards

James

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

Thanks for the link - that was very helpful.

I'm not sure if its out of date to an extent, or whether I'm still missing something - it refers to the credits system as the norm, so if you set a price of 1 on a membership type for example, that will be 4 creits by default.  But when I activated it all in my site, the prices seem to be for dollar amounts.

As for other processors, at worst one could add a new page with purchase buttons and the site admin could add the memberships etc manually - but that hardly seems like "integration" as mentioned on the features list.  There has to be some kind of way to add payment modules.

Any pointers on that would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.