Payment mod for Orca

Hi,

Has anyone every come across a payment mod for orca?

What i'm looking for is a why of installing Orca on its own but with the ability to take payments before you can access the private forums. I currently use Dolphin to do this. I was just wondering if there is a way of doing it without using Dolphin.

Has anyone seen a mod for this? Does anyone know how to create one? Or is there other software out there that might work with Orca?

Cheers

Max

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

orca dosent even have the requried features to complete a simple forum and you are asking about mods, there is no single mod i ever saw for orca currently.

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

Yeah, you'd be much better off with another forum solution if you want to have it subscription based.

There are mods to integrate phpBB into Dolphin, but I think using your own shopping cart, with a subscription feature, and a completely different forum package would be much more suitable.

There are lots of them out there, some are even free.

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

Hi,

I looked at phpbb and they have a subscription mod for 2 but not for the latest version 3. You say there are a lot of things out there, some of which are free. Which would you recommend.

And also how would I get a shopping cart to enable functionality on the forum. It would need to be able to block access to certain forums until after payment has been made. Is that something shopping carts can do?

Thanks

Max

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

You could charge for site subscriptions, but that would grant access to the whole site.

Still.... phpBB 2x has mods out there that will only allow certain users to access certain forums. phpBB 3 is nice, but I actually prefer the older version since there are a heck of a lot more mods available for it. I'm a little biased though having used it for a long time & assisting with ezPortalPlus testing and bug fixing.

osCommerce has a free shopping cart that I *believe* has a subscription feature to it.

Another one is Zen Cart, which has a ton of features. I have that installed on one of my client sites & it seems to work fine. It also is php 5 compatible, which I'm not sure that eCommerce is.

(eCommerce states that it is php 4 compatible and doesn't mention php 5 - at least not on their main pages.)

An inexpensive, but not *free* cart with a lot of features (and a demo available),  is Green Cart by POZ Scripts.

If you decide to go with phpBB 2.x and you need help locating mods to do your thing, write me and I'll see if I can help. Every mod I ever used with phpBB was free. You just have to know where to find them.

If you go with phpBB 3, you're on your own. Tongue out

Hope this helps you a little.

PC

Quote · 17 Jul 2008

dont even go near phpbb, they are the worse, you can be hacked any time, my first choice will be fluxbb.org and then smf.

Quote · 18 Jul 2008

Hi,

Has anyone seen a forum system that has a built in paymant subscription setup (like Dolphin/Orca) without having to use mods and stuff.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 18 Jul 2008

@SuperMag

Dude I have run phpBB for a long time and I never got hacked once. I was also very active in the community and knew a lot of others that ran (and still run) (including myself) phpBB who never got hacked. Furthermore, phpBB 2x (if not 3) even has a mod that you can install which is an anti-virus, anti-hacker system that protects files & notifys you of any changes. phpBB is like anything else. You need to keep it updated & keep your server secure.

I DID get hacked with SMF however.

FluxBB has less than 800 registered users in its own forum. Um, I'm sure they have sprinted well ahead of phpBB in all aspects of safety and customization.

Whatever man. Try to help and ...........................  Undecided

Quote · 18 Jul 2008

@SuperMag

Dude I have run phpBB for a long time and I never got hacked once. I was also very active in the community and knew a lot of others that ran (and still run) (including myself) phpBB who never got hacked. Furthermore, phpBB 2x (if not 3) even has a mod that you can install which is an anti-virus, anti-hacker system that protects files & notifys you of any changes. phpBB is like anything else. You need to keep it updated & keep your server secure.

I DID get hacked with SMF however.

FluxBB has less than 800 registered users in its own forum. Um, I'm sure they have sprinted well ahead of phpBB in all aspects of safety and customization.

Whatever man. Try to help and ...........................  Undecided

hi, you are not hacked that dosent mean its safe, ask pros, ask in big communities, you will find out, i was hacked 3 times with phpbb. i know that mod, it was installed when i got hacked.

Fluxbb was once called Punbb but they changed the name and domain to fluxbb. they had more then 15000, go to Punbb.org for find out.

Quote · 20 Jul 2008

Hi,

I think I found what I'm looking for (hey U2 should write a song about that...)

I'm now looking into using Joomla - seems like there are some excellent forum, blog and payment mods. And the available templates are pretty sweet.

Just cant spend any more time trying to get this one to work.

:0(

Cheers

Max

Quote · 23 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.