Paypal Step by step

Hi all,

im getting closer to realize and start my site.

Now  i want to check the payment settings with paypal. But it seems that im totally lost there.

Can anybody give me an introduction on how to set this up? Also i want to know how to use and test the sandbox feature.

So ideas pls ;)

Greets,

Jerry

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

No ideas?

Quote · 11 Jul 2008

Yes please!

This would be excellent and would have probably saved my paypal account from being closed!

FYI: You cannot use a paypal account for adult sites.

Quote · 11 Jul 2008

Yeah i know, but for this im on the save side, also when only adults are allowed ;)

I think the problem is with x-rated pics etc. So there i dont have problems with it, only on how to set it up ;)

But im still waiting for someone who configured in the correct way and is using it.

I hope there is someone who use it sucessfull and can give me the answer...

Greets,

Jerry

Quote · 12 Jul 2008

Hi,

Try this - http://www.jamestadeo.com/dolphin/boonex-dolphin-tutorial-how-to-set-up-paypal.php

If after that you still need help post your specific questions.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 13 Jul 2008

Perfect! Thanks Max!  Exactly what we need.

I was fooling around with it trying to figure it out on an adult site I was considering and

much to my surprise it went through successfully.  They closed my account

for TOS violation and there is NOTHING on the site even!!!

I tried to use email to fight it and that is totally USELESS so I have to call

them but haven't felt like it so far because it should be interesting I'm sure! Wink

Oh well another day another time.

Quote · 17 Jul 2008

Hi,

I would look at the terms of service for the other payment providers that Dolphin lists and look for one that does allow adult oriented sites. Look around at other Dolphin Adult sites to see what they are using too.

I wouldn't bother fighting with the call centre staff at paypal - it's pointless... they have their policies and they dont have enough training to make any kind of informed decision outside of what the manual says.

Cheer

Max

Quote · 17 Jul 2008

I've been looking through the TOS on 2CO and others which say they don't allow membership sites. Yes, they call out adult sites but it goes beyond that to include no dating sites or even 'membership' sites.  Help?

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

Max, great job on that tutorial - I got mixed up several times trying to get through the one that comes with Dolphin, but that was really clear.  Thanks.

-

Rob

-

p.s.  Could someone clarify - is Paypal not allowed on adult sites?   Which payment providers are allowed?

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

To clarify; Max did not do the tutorial  .....  jtadeo James Tadeo did  .....

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

Thanks James then, and thank Max for posting it.  I understand Mrpowless has a tutorial on this also, but I haven't view it yet.

Rob

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.