Possible Criminal Behavior

The other day Sammie wrote about a business dealing with someone who was not performing a contract.

I am currently attempting to terminate a relationship with someone who cannot let go. Some people are just not in tune with boundaries, property and performance. Really sloppy business practices caused me to make a purely intellectual business decision to change my hosting service and a relationship with a developer who is a slack and has terrible mood swings and apparently thinks I am one of their doormats. [ummm WRONG]

After a rash of unwanted emails from one of their  "support team" who works the phones, even after I requested that he stop, who had a few good things to say but was mostly irrational, I decided it was time to part ways. And it was mutual. But that was not enough.. the abuse continues.

I was essentially threatened that if I did not go along with them and allow them to control my schedule and put up with unfinished work that "it would be bad" for me because the uber developer I need to not work with would find out and it would be bad for my business.

I lived in Chicago for 20 years, so I know how to recognize abusive, political,  thuggish behavior when I see it. And that is what is happening.

I can no longer reach my files or my website from my computer, if I use a proxies I can do it, but it is really slow, and I know it will cause problems with my files if I try to do a transfer from a proxy.

So. If this keeps up, for the people who wanted me to name names before when I refused, I will name names, and I will post the emails, and post the name of the hosting company.

I am not going to pretend that this relationship was not tenuous, and that my own temper and harsh words to the phone guy was partly to blame for the recent flurry of irrationality, but the phone number on all my invoices were that of the uber developer, so I did not know who I was emailing, and I did not like his snarkyness and dismissiveness as I was asking questions about the servers they use, and my lack of knowledge on certain aspects of tech is grounds for some people to become arrogant..and too bad.. when someone gives it to me I give it back twice as hard.. whatever, if you can't take it then don't dish it out.

I know that there are very clear laws in my country and that of the country my ex-host host is in, so there is no legal leg for them to stand on, and I have a clear cut case here..

But I want people to know that this kind of thing is happening, and I want new people getting in to this to learn that the thing to do if you experience weirdness with ome developer or another and if you have a doubt.. DON'T work with them.. trust your gut.. there are plenty of people here you'll be successful with.

There are  some really good people here.. and we live and learn.. but guess what, I have the threat on paper and on file, and I have the evidence that they are living up to their threat.. and either the one owner i have been emailing is an idiot, or they think  am onem because one of their "team" are playing games and about to get them in a lot of trouble if this keeps up.

Yeah.. playing politics with a guy from Detroit and Chicago... in that order..

not a good idea... ha ha

(I'll be removing this post as soon as the issue is resolved and the people in question just let it -go-, already.)

Quote · 28 Feb 2009

Ok,

Now the thug is refusing to return my funds for a service that was not performed, and an account hat has been canceled.

They have escalated the case with paypal to a claim..

I am having legal papers drawn by my attorney for harassment, fraud and another complaint to be determined, having to do with affecting my livelihood.

Whichever is most harsh..

Quote · 1 Mar 2009

Ok,

Now the thug is refusing to return my funds for a service that was not performed, and an account hat has been canceled.

They have escalated the case with paypal to a claim..

I am having legal papers drawn by my attorney for harassment, fraud and another complaint to be determined, having to do with affecting my livelihood.

Whichever is most harsh..

This sounds a bit like the horror stories that ive been reading about bluehost

www.hostingsthatsuck.com/bluehost-sucks/  This lot are so bad that its reported that they even have bluehost spammers,  blogging good things about their own company because there are so many bad reports about them now.

Providers can get a bit sulky sometimes, but some of the worst ones can border on criminal.

Im sorry to hear about your troubles and hope you can sort it

Regards

Tyke

Quote · 1 Mar 2009

:(

Quote · 1 Mar 2009

Robert - this is not the first time you have posted this drama here: http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&topic_id=Delinquents-2009-01-02

Why didn't you terminate the relationship then - two months ago?  Are you saying they collected money from you and then didn't perform as promised?  Then why are they challenging you in PayPal, rather than the other way around.? Personally I would post their company name here - you are posting as if you want people to find out anyway - then at least you would know if others have had the same experience with them - but of course they could also defend themselves.  I'm not sure what you want from this forum, but I doubt it will be able to help you resolve this dispute.  You are saying you cannot get through to the files on your server - are they still hosting you?  Why don't you have your on hosting account?  You have given us all "more information than we needed" but none of the information that would allow anyone to help you.

-

Rob

Quote · 1 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.