Post Topics

Post Topics - Unable to post topics in the groups page. I get a server error. I have seen this issue listed other places with out a fix. This request is for boonex or some one who cares. I have a site that uses groups a lot. When you click on the link " Post Topics "  you get a server error.  If I go directly to forums it works just fine. There is an error in the software making it difficult for people like myself to run a quality site. Not asking for the world, just the default settings to work with out fail. My site uses no mods and no other 3rd party software. Would love to here from someone, but if I don’t I will have to take it that boonex does not care and is only in it for the money. 

I dont want a new version, I just want this one to work!   

"Peace of mind is a state of being with out stress." (comptek4)

Quote · 4 Feb 2009

comptek4,

Try this:

How to Fix the Orca Groups Post Topic Error

When you go to the groups and try to click on a link you will notice that the link to the forum will not work.

This is because the link requires a "#" sign.

Open up the inc/classes/BxDolGroups.php and go to line on or about 423 and add a # in front of "forum".

$caption_item = '<div class="caption_item">';
if ( $this->isGroupMember( $iMemberID, $iGroupID ) ) //jt note - group
$caption_item .= "<a href=\"{$site['groups']}orca/#forum/{$sForumUri}-0.htm#action=goto&amp;new_topic={$sForumUri}\">{$sPostNewTopic}</a> | ";
$caption_item .= "<a href=\"{$site['groups']}orca/#forum/{$sForumUri}-0.htm\">{$sViewAllForum}</a>";
$caption_item .= '</div>';

On or about line 447, you also need to add "#" in fron of forum:

//jt note
$sRetHtml .= $this->genGroupActionBtn( 'Post topic', "groups/orca/#forum/{$sForumUri}-0.htm#action=goto&amp;new_topic={$sForumUri}" );

You also need to open up templates/base/xsl/group_last_topics.xsl and to line on or about 36. You need to add a "#" in front of "topics". You need to do this:

<b>
<xsl:element name="a">
<xsl:attribute name="href">groups/orca/#topic/<xsl:value-of select="uri" />.htm</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:value-of select="title" />
</xsl:element>
</b>

Save and run it!

Source: http://www.boonexnerd.net/dolphin/viewPage.php?ID=How%20to%20Fix%20the%20Orca%20Groups%20Post%20Topic%20Error

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 5 Feb 2009

Sorry to report that this did not fix my issue. Please try again willing to try anything.

Thanks for your time.

Quote · 9 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.