Problems with UTF8 and special characters

Hi. I seem to have a problem with our translated version of dolphin 6.1.4 and the way that special german characters (ö, ä, ü, ß, etc.) are displayed throughout several areas of the site. Here's a screenshot to one of those areas:

Screenshot 1:

And then a screenshot after the fact (after submitting).

Screenshot 2:

Anyone know why this is happening? I thought that with a viable translation this problem should not exist (purchased the german translation for dolphin 6x). We own our own root server and we have other public portals such as greeting cards, videos, and flash games, all of which make use of the special characters ... but without any problems whatsoever. This appears to be unique to dolphin and it looks really unattractive to any standard member or internet user with little to no international language experience. Any suggestions on how I can fix this? Should I do a global (site wide) search and replace of all UTF8 related strings, replacing them with the correct ISO strings instead?

Greetings from Germany

Quote · 27 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.