Promo Block CSS Bug?

This is a tricky thing, but I'll try asking anyway ...

While making new templates I have encountered several times an odd behaviour from Dolphin with the Promo Block, in IE.  Several others have described it here too, but no clear reason or solution has been mentioned.

What makes it tricky is it only happens sometimes.  What happens is the image for the Promo Block displays at the correct size, but is positioned with its top left corner in the exact center of the containing block, instead of in the top left corner of the block.  So effectively only 1/4 of the image shows.

When it was happening to me last night multiple refreshes ofthe page would not get rid of it.  Then I maximized the window of the browser (it was already plenty big enough for the layout, so I don't think that was the cause), refreshed again and the problem was gone.

A colleague then saw it again today.  So I hunted for it here on the forum, thinking it unlikely to be a bug in my design, because I had seen the exact same thing previously while making a different template.  And as I mentioned, I found others describing the exact same thing.

Looking at the CSS, I saw that the relevant code applied to it is (in index.css):

#indexPhoto img

{

position: absolute;

}

All I could think to try was to add position attributes like this:

#indexPhoto img 

{

position: absolute;

top: 0px;

left: 0px;

}

Seemed worth a try, but I am no expert in overcoming IE CSS peculiarities with exceptions etc - especially when its unclear what is going on to begin with!

Does anyone know any more about this issue in Dolphin? Or, something I also didn't manage to find out, what values does position: absolute default to if none are specified in the style.

I was seeing this in IE6 but someone else described it in IE7 too.

Thank

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.