Ray IM works in Opera

Probably something lots of you already know, but ray IM FREE works perfectly with Opera!
I've wasted hours on end trying to get it to work in FireFox and it just wont work, it works okay in IE but who wants to use that decrepid old lump. It just dawned on me not 20 minutes ago to try out another browser, see if it works, I knew it worked in IE but like I say, who wants to use IE anymore.
So I downloaded Opera and installed it, first time I tried contacting myself from IE to Opera it worked just like that, no hanging there with the dreaded 'loading' thingy.
There is a small thing about Opera and this software solution, Opera doesn't much like the carriage return in the text editor, not a big problem as you only have to use the old fashioned shift and carriage return, if you don't you get a new line at the very beginning ogf the topic, go figure eh!
Anyway, just thought it might help some folk out who are still struggling to get ray IM working, Opera is your answer, FireFox just wont do it, at least not on the free version anyway, be sure to let all your members know to go over to Opera for your site.
Peace and good will to you all,
RevKFSmile

Quote · 3 Oct 2008

same firefox problem here

i bought dolphin and ray

on my dolphin and also on the demo of dolphin on http://www.boonex.us ,  the ray messenger/im/chat dont work on firefox (3.0.3) ...  i see only the LOADINg message

someone also has this problem? any solution ?

about 30% of internet users use firefox .... so 30% of my users can not use the chat ...so its a big problem

Quote · 4 Oct 2008

I have no problem with IM under Firefox 3.0.3...
Also not into Google Chrome or Opera...

Kids first
Quote · 4 Oct 2008

Thanks for this tip RevKF - I will try this.  I've never had the slightest luck with Ray IM and what is the point- if it only works with certain browsers or if you have to "re-start" it several times to make it work.  It would be nice if Ray could post an patch or upgrade to this- independently of the next Dolphin update.

-

Rob

Quote · 4 Oct 2008

hi killerhaai,

on other browsers it works, only not one firefox ... maybe its a flash player problem

what is your flash version ?

i use

you can find it out here:

http://www.whatismyflash.com/

Quote · 4 Oct 2008

Turns out Opera is not such a good choice as browser, yet another example of running before I am able to walk, Opera is not able to run Dolphin so well as well as not running a lot of other major sites so well including my phpBB3 template design site, which is really annoying as it runs the ray widget perfectly.

I'm just may have to give up trying to get the ray IM working, ray is just such a pain in the bottom, talk about get a major headache every time I try to get it working.

Sorry everyone, the Opera idea proved to be a red herring, sorry.

Quote · 5 Oct 2008

I use version  Flash Player: 9.0.124

Kids first
Quote · 5 Oct 2008

I use version  Flash Player: 9.0.124

That's the same flash version I am using, IM still wont load, do you have any javascript errors showing in the javascript error console when you click the IM chat button?

I have a whole bank of them but the only one diractly connected to ray is that 'top' is undefined, I wouldn't even know where to start in defining that, does anyone else have this error showing in the javascript error console?

Quote · 5 Oct 2008

i still habe the problem with ray and firefox :-(

Quote · 20 Mar 2009

ok  ... I've found the solution ... i have to disable the google toolbar addon in firefox and the IE tab addon ...than ray massanger works

Quote · 20 Mar 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.