Redirect Issue for 2 diff. sites.

I want to run Dolphin from another subdomain on the server.

I have 2 installs right now, but when I go to the second, it automatically goes back to the original install.

I checked the header.inc.php file and it contains the correct information in both installs.

I remember I used one free license instead of 2 different onces, per domain.. Would that make it switch to first install?

here are the links:

http://getshizzled.com/community - original

http://skidpics.com/community - this one forwards to the first listing, but the header.inc.php has the correct entries for both sites, so the only thing I can think of is a license issue, since it is pointed to getshizzled?

Either way, If that is the case (license) where do you edit it, since I cannot get into the correct admin path on skidpics.com/community

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote · 31 May 2008

So how can you run 2 different copies on the same server? but different domain names?

Quote · 31 May 2008

Hello !

Just check that variables $dir['root'] and $site['url'] in header.inc.php file - they should be different. Usually it will be enough.

Regard

Quote · 31 May 2008

So how can you run 2 different copies on the same server? but different domain names?

Same hosting set up as add on domains..

http://1000slogans.com/services.html

Quote · 1 Jun 2008

Hello !

Just check that variables $dir['root'] and $site['url'] in header.inc.php file - they should be different. Usually it will be enough.

Regard

Different they both are.  But yet it forward back to the initial install..  I just reinstalled it and even use a different database - same issue.. hmmm

Quote · 1 Jun 2008

That willl not happen if you have set the $site['url'] and $dir['root'] correctly.

----
Quote · 1 Jun 2008

That willl not happen if you have set the $site['url'] and $dir['root'] correctly.

You would figure, but it doesn't work.  I deleted the directory and going to reinstall with a new DB later today.

If that doesn't solve the problem, not sure what will. I have a feeling that somehow, the free registration code and the url it is registered under has something to do with it.  Unsure though.  Will post my results as soon as I get to it later today..

Quote · 1 Jun 2008

I suppose I should have found and read the docs. It does state what files to fix..

need to transfer my site to another folder/server. What do I need to do?

1) First of all, you need to back up your folders and files and your database tables. It usually results in creation of two archives (.tgz or .zip) which you will have to unpack on your new server/folder; besides, the database tables will have to be imported in your new database.

2) Dolphin 6 has several files which must be changed after transferring to another folder or server:

• inc/header.inc.php change the values of the following variables according to your current settings:

$site['url'] and $dir['root']

and all the elements of $db array (it's not usually needed if you just move your site to another folder on the same server)

• cmd.php, notifies.php, tags.php files in periodic folder. All of them have lines as follows:
    require_once( '[path_to]/inc/header.inc.php' );

where [path_to] must be changed according to the current path to Dolphin folder

• ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php

edit the line

include("[path_to]/inc/header.inc.php");

the same way as described above

• ray/modules/global/js/integration.js

change the value of the variable sRayUrl according to your current URL.

Quote · 1 Jun 2008

If you find url or full path there, replace it.

----
Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.