Regular pruning

I'm wanting to regularly go through and delete old photos, forum posts, blogs etc that are really old. Is there an easy way to do this? What is my best option for doing this, through phpmyadmin, or what?!? I don't want a bunch of broken links either! Thanks!

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.. although it does work the other way around!
Quote · 21 Mar 2016

Hello... any ideas folks? Would appreciate any advice on this!!

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.. although it does work the other way around!
Quote · 24 Mar 2016

Sometimes you can wait weeks for an answer. Sometimes you can wait forever.

Quote · 24 Mar 2016

I guess it depends on how large your community is, how active members are and what you allow/encourage them to do.

I prune regularly.

Sometimes from the module page; sometimes from the admin backend; sometimes log-on as member with Deanos Tools; sometimes edit the database tables; and sometimes use File Manager.

There are also settings that will auto-prune for you.

Having said that, I make pruning easier by not allowing a free-for-all upload of junk and delete spam profiles early.

Michel on Meta-Travel.com

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 24 Mar 2016

I've been doing some intensive pruning and can add a little something that might help.

Not all front-end deleting of content or auto-pruning of dead profiles cleans up everything in the database or on your server, so I checked my module tables in PHP MyAdmin.

It's also a great place to mass edit titles, uri, descriptions and tags in a blitz; but probably not for very large and active communities.

I don't know which custom mods you have, so can't tell you where to look.

Back up Everything before you start

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photos - Edit titles and uri
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In 'bx_photos_main' table.

Delete orphan files from

/public_html/modules/boonex/photos/data/files

(usually in groups of five: image, image_m; image_ri; image_rt; image_t)

I actually transferred all images to my hard drive first; to compare (image id) reference in database vs (owner) profile numbers that no longer exist, through /profile_info.php?ID=

Michel on Meta-Travel.com

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 25 Mar 2016

Thank you for all the great ideas! I do so appreciate the help! Heading off to check the database now!

Quote · 26 Mar 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.