Rocket.Chat added Dolphin Oauth on v.52 - Cool !

I don't know if I am dreaming or this is real.. This is huge and nobody is talking about it on Boonex forums.  I was playing with the new Rocket.Chat version, and I could not believe they added Dolphin Oauth on their version v0.52.  Please see attached..

1> Is this mean we don't need to use the Chat+ Mod provided by Boonex anymore and use Rocket.Chat mod instead since it already has Doplhin Oauth option ?

2> On Rocket.Chat admin under OAuth, where do I get Dolphin ID and Secret ID from ?   (see attached..)

Thanks Boonex team for pushing Rocket.Chat to do this, I've been waiting for this feature for so long.. This is a good news indeed !

Cheers.

D7-Chat-1.PNG · 38.5K · 500 views
D7-Chat-2.PNG · 12.1K · 528 views
Quote · 17 Feb 2017

i believe the dolphin id and secret id would be the same as it was before - client key and secret key from dolphin site oath2 module

caredesign.net
Quote · 17 Feb 2017

I will take some credit for this. I've been developing a site and wanted to use their beta cloud servers. Went back and forth and thankfully worked with a gentleman Aaron Ogle at rocket chat. He was phenomenal and ultra responsive in figuring out what I needed and then running with it to the rocket.chat development team to make it happen. 

So be sure to drop aaron.ogle@rocket.chat an email thanking him for his efforts and championing the push to get Dolphin oauth on their official releases.

Quote · 17 Feb 2017

And to answer your question. Everything is still the same. You need to use chat+ and as Professor said the same id and key dolphin creates in oath2 module.

So for sites using their own servers this addition wasn't a huge deal. But if you are interested in using RocketChats cloud beta servers to host your chat then it was absolutely necessary. Cuz without it using custom OAuth on their official release would produce internal server errors on the dolphin side.

So good news all around regardless Cool

Quote · 17 Feb 2017

Thank you so much @neotekcorp for the effort & making this a reality. I had no idea that Dolphin members can actually convince other vendors such as Rocket.Chat to add this feature on their site, I thought it had to be done thru some type for partnership btw RC & Boonex. But, this is way too cool !

And Yes, you are absolutely right, Aaron Ogle from RC team is amazing guy. I got most of my questions answered and at times he even walks me thru my issues. I will definitely send him a thank you email for this great Dolphin add-on.

By the way, I am still experimenting with their latest version v.52, anyone who wants to get a feel of it, please let me know via pm.

For now, I have a minor issue login in via Oauth, I added the right keys, but for some reason when I click on Login door icon, it keeps clocking and does not redirect me to Dolphin login window.. I was wondering if you had the chance to test it from your end & whether it works for you ?

Thanks again !

Quote · 17 Feb 2017

For now, I have a minor issue login in via Oauth, I added the right keys, but for some reason when I click on Login door icon, it keeps clocking and does not redirect me to Dolphin login window.. I was wondering if you had the chance to test it from your end & whether it works for you ?

Don't think that's a problem with oauth but how you're accessing. In order for oauth to work properly you have to navigate thru your dolphin site (or already be logged into the dolphin site) so it can pull the proper sign in credentials.

If you are just logging into the chat server directly and aren't already logged in thru your computer to your dolphin you have to manually sign in. Otherwise it'll lag then give an error saying no matching login found. That's a correct error seeing as I wasn't logged into your site.

Again, if i had logged into your site already and opened a new window it would find and log in as well

Quote · 17 Feb 2017

I was under the impression that OAuth for Dolphin works same way as OAuth for Facebook. When I click on FB button on my chat login, I get FB login window regardless if I am already logged in to FB or not. If I ask my users that they need to be logged in to my site first, that just defeats the purpose of having Oauth login on my chat site..

Quote · 17 Feb 2017

it has always been that a user does not need to be logged into the dolphin site. if the user is not logged in - there is normally a login window after clicking the door button.

caredesign.net
Quote · 18 Feb 2017

Ok I got the Dolphin login window to come up, now after I put in my userid & passw I get "server internal error.."  not sure why..  any idea ?

>> You can test it from your end:
my beta chat site:   chat.bergag.com
userid:  test123
passw:  test123

Thanks.

Quote · 18 Feb 2017

I was able to click the door icon which triggered the pop up window and login. I used the credentials and it brought the next screen which is where it asks if you want to allow the OAuth to pull the info. Unfortunately those buttons are covered and there was no way to click them. See screenshot for reference.

And you guys are correct you don't NEED to be logged in. I guess what I meant was the goal for our site (and most sites I would think) is to get the user to use the chat service from within the dolphin site itself -- as an added feature. If someone is just going to the chat server and logging on and using the chat service that way they're essentially bypassing the dolphin site -- which seems counter productive to getting users immersed in the features and offerings of the site itself.

To that end we want users to log into our site then click the "chat" tab and there the chat window is already in place with the "door" icon. They click that and are redirected to the "allow use of profile info" and then logged in -- creating the new user in the chat server using existing dolphin credentials.

I'm actually trying to see if rocket.chat has way to remove the "full window mode" link at top right of chat window as we want to keep users using the chat in our site as much as possible.

Quote · 18 Feb 2017

Thanks Neotek for testing this. The resolution of your desktop/site is too big, if you make it smaller you should be able to see the 2 buttons <No> <Yes>.  I can see them fine, please see my screenshot. And when I click <Yes> I get the message "internal server error"

Thx. 

chat-login.PNG · 124.9K · 401 views
Quote · 18 Feb 2017

Got it. The pop up window was small -- just had to drag and expand the window Foot in Mouth

That was the error I kept getting before the dolphin oauth integration. If I tried the custom OAuth it would always give that error. But since the integration it's worked perfectly.

Just to be clear on a couple things...

• The oauth on your chat server --> double check to make sure the new dolphin one is the one set to active. Sounds silly but I wasted about an hour spinning my wheels only to find a previous custom OAuth I was trying was still marked active
  • Oauth2 module --> Personally I'd delete any you've tried before and create a new one. The site ID and key are what you enter in the dolphin oauth on the Rocket.chat server
  • Chat+ module --> URL is the exact one you enter to navigate to it in a browser. 

Double check these and let me know. I'm by no means an expert. These were just little things that I found overlooked while I was trouble shooting.

Quote · 18 Feb 2017

"I'm actually trying to see if rocket.chat has way to remove the "full window mode" link at top right of chat window as we want to keep users using the chat in our site as much as possible."

I personally like this feature - it allows to keep the chat open and receive notifications. If using the iframe within the dolphin site - when navigating to another page, you do not receive notifications. Just a note/thought.

caredesign.net
Quote · 18 Feb 2017

I personally like this feature - it allows to keep the chat open and receive notifications. If using the iframe within the dolphin site - when navigating to another page, you do not receive notifications. Just a note/thought.

@ProfessorSr  Good point. In that case maybe it should stay. Only downside again is when it's clicked the chat is completely independent of the dolphin site. we are working to integrate the chat into the entire site experience. But I agree it has it's place. If anything I'd see if rocket.chat could add a simple toggle to allow that to be turned on/off as needed

Quote · 18 Feb 2017

1> Is this mean we don't need to use the Chat+ Mod provided by Boonex anymore and use Rocket.Chat mod instead since it already has Doplhin Oauth option ?

2> On Rocket.Chat admin under OAuth, where do I get Dolphin ID and Secret ID from ?   (see attached..)

1. yes, but in Rocket.Chat only OAuth login was added, however there are some more modifications which are in Boonex version, particularly: 

- making Dolphin admin Rocket.Chat admin

- Dolphin avatar 

- link to Dolphin site

- Dolphin logo

- some alterration of default settings

2. You can generate ID and Secret for Rocket.Chat in Dolphin OAuth module

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 19 Feb 2017

Thanks Alex for the clarification..

Quote · 19 Feb 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.