Secret memberships!

Ok. So I wanted to make a way to have a "band" membership and set it to where only "bands" can upload music.

Too bad that with RAY's Profile Music Uploader, you cannot set that to exclusive memberships.

However, You are able to make Music Gallery Uploads exclusive, and it will also show up in thier profile anyways.

But how do you create 2 memberships for free? You cant.

You have to create the "band" membership and put a price on it.

Well I dont want people to pay for it, and how do I keep people from just buying it and uploading music?

Well I was able to delete all mentions of MEMBERSHIP LEVELS so they can't upgrade the membership level and that the only mention of there being another one, is when they try to upload and it says "Your current membership level doesnt allow for you to upload music"

I put a section on the JOIN, that asks "Is this a band profile"? and "What is the name"

Now when they select that, it doesnt do anything really. But having those 2 things, allows members to search only for a band or band names.

Now, the pain will be that the new BAND will have to email me and I will have to set thier membership to BAND status so that they can upload music.

However, it allows for complete control over music uploads. If they upload something that isnt thiers, you simply set thier membership back to standard and delete thier songs.

Anywho. This will work for me at the moment, but if you have any other insight please share.

I just know that MYSPACE is clear on bands only able to upload thier music and normal people not having that ability. Allowing members to upload whatever they want, can get you in serious trouble.

I understand that your upload media agreement states that they should only upload stuff that belongs to them, but we know that wont happen and you can put what you want on there but it is going to be the lawyers knocking on your door first.

-Skyler

Quote · 8 Sep 2008

get this  http://www.expertzzz.com/Downloadz/view/3323

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 9 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.