Short Join Form to pedit on 1st login

I had someone ask me to kick in mrpowless' modification for creating a short join form and then directing the member upon login to the pedit.php page.  This seems like a nice little trick and one that makes it so you can have a short join and get the member to fill in the additional items on the next page after they join.  Basically a new trick to the multi-page join form.

But then I got to thinking that it would be nice as I look at this, if it doesn't kick them to the pedit.php page every time they login to the site as this mod does.  That can get annoying to our members.  So, what would be the solution to this?

Well, as my brain kicks it around I see that we could do the following with the login_form.html & login_form_ajax.html files to accomplish this goal.

1.  Add a column to the ProfileID that will keep track of the number of times a member has logged in. 

2.  Insert a php statement into the 2 files above the runs that SQL upon signing in and if the total number of logins is: <=1 then it kicks to the pedit.php file.  However, if it is >=2 then it goes to the member.php page as it always does. 

Now, I don't have the time to do all of this, so any takers to play with this for D6 & D7?

The basics are there, just need someone to write a quick sql to insert the column and then a php function to deliver it.  Any takers?  Anyone with a spare hour or so to flip this out?

Quote · 31 Mar 2010

In D6 DateLastLogin is all zeros until member logs in.

In D7 you compare DateLastLogin with DateReg.

Or in both cases simply check DateLastEdit

I have a free mod for this - but to you $20

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 31 Mar 2010

In D6 DateLastLogin is all zeros until member logs in.

In D7 you compare DateLastLogin with DateReg.

Or in both cases simply check DateLastEdit

I have a free mod for this - but to you $20

I didn't know you had a free mod for this DeeEmm.  Question for you, is it able to check the date of last login during the login process and then do the redirect to pedit.php or will it automatically take the current login date/time and fill in the field before it gets a chance to run the check.  I haven't tried this before so I can't say either way myself.  Why not provide the folks with the link to help them out.

Quote · 31 Mar 2010

Is this what you want?

members.php : insert after line 728
// EBH Patch
$bshouldEdit = $oNew->aMemberInfo['DateLastEdit']<'2010-01-01' || $oNew->aMemberInfo['DateLastLogin']<'2010-01-01';
if ( $bshouldEdit ) {
echo MsgBox( _t( '_Please Wait' ) );;
echo "<script language=\"Javascript\">location.href = 'pedit.php?ID=". $oNew->aMemberInfo['ID']. "';</script>\n";
exit;
}

// EBH Patch

Its a free tip from www.free-dolphin.de!

Bezirzer.de, elbrocker.de, tierschutz-community.de
Quote · 19 Jul 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.