Show events.php in custom HTML block

Hi All,

Can anyone help with this, I have added a HTML block to my member page and I would like to show the member's events calendar in this block. What is the simplest way to do this. Right now the user has to click on Events>Calendar and this opens up to a new page.

Thanks

Quote · 13 Oct 2008

Hello,

seems you send me same letter to my PM, so, it was answered,

and .. you can develop own calendar,

you can as example transfer calendar (current) code to this block function, after just tune it

or you can choose something ready at expertzzz site

Quote · 14 Oct 2008

Thanks for your response, I'll going to dig around to make sure I understand what files I need to change and will get back to you

Quote · 14 Oct 2008

Hi Andrey,

Ive spent some days looking at the code and I am none the wiser about which files I need to modify :(

Please can you tell me how to transfer the calendar code to the block function.

Thanks and Regards

Quote · 20 Oct 2008

Can anyone help with this? Or done similar

Quote · 20 Oct 2008

In the Admin Panel, there is a section Builders. Click Page Builder.  At the top of the next page is a link for Profile.  Drag the tab for "Event" up to one of the columns and place it where you want.  If you click on it, you could change the word to Calendar if you like.

Is that what you are looking for?

Arthur

Quote · 20 Oct 2008

Thanks for your response bizwiz, I will have a look into your suggestion and get back.

Best Regards

Quote · 21 Oct 2008

The member's events are already shown on the member's page. I have added a HTML block to the member page and I would like to show the member's calendar in this block.

Currently to view the calendar, a member has to click on Events (in the top menu) and then Calendar and this opens to a brand new page.

If anyone has done anything similar or seen any similar form posts, help will be greatly appreciated.

Quote · 22 Oct 2008

Hi,

After some digging around I added the following code to the member.php file:

function getBlockCode_Calendar() {
      $oEvents = new BxDolEvents();
      $oEvents->bAdminMode = FALSE;
      $ret = '';

$ret .= $oEvents->PageSDatingCalendar();
      return $ret;
   }

And it  is now showing the calendar but it is returning a designbox within the designbox I have on my sheet,  so in my HTML block, I also have another block with the name "Calendar". How can I get the calendar to show in the main HTML block.

Also I am having the following errors:
1. If I try to view a month that has any events (in the new HTML block), I get a blank page and the error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getThumbNameByPictureName() in home/public_html/Dolphin/inc/classes/BXDolEvents.php on line 1647

2. Also in Admin panel, in the page builder section I am getting the Errors on the page and this is the message:

Line: 66
Char: 1
Error: 'version' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: ...../Dolphin/admin/pageBuilder.php?Page=member

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Quote · 22 Oct 2008

Solved first two errors but still need help with the last one.

For anyones interest:

I solved the problem of the designbox showing within another designbox  by setting "DesignBox=0" for the new HTML block in PageCompose Table in the database. 

For the fatal error which was caused by viewing a month with events, I included the ff line in member.php:

require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'sdating.inc.php' ); <--This is where the missing function is defined.

Hope this helps someone:

I still need help with :

2. Also in Admin panel, in the page builder section I am getting the Errors on the page and this is the message:

Line: 66
Char: 1
Error: 'version' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: ...../Dolphin/admin/pageBuilder.php?Page=member

Quote · 22 Oct 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.