Splitting topics into more pages?

My users and I are pretty annoyed by the fact that long group forum topics are not split into more than one page with fx. 20 posts per page.

Is it possible to fix this easily?

Quote · 4 Oct 2009

Anyone?

Quote · 15 Oct 2009

I cannot believe, that no one has a sollution for this problem....

Quote · 22 Nov 2009

is there any way to have the forum topic replies be limited to say 25 response per page?

It would make topic load faster if they didnt have 122 replies on a single page to load.

it is a pretty standard feature on forums to have the ability to display the topic's replies across several pages instead of 1 page.

Quote · 19 Dec 2010

I recall someone saying they were working on pagination of forum topics to the point where they may have even got it working. From what was said (and from examining the modified code), it's a very complex job and sure to make you jump into a tank of sharks.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 19 Dec 2010

today i logged in to ask the same question in unity forum.

what a coincident, its just been answered.

not very helpful but its good to know whether it cn be done or not.

Regards........ M.Chauhan U.K.
Quote · 19 Dec 2010

I recommend anyone looking for a serious forum solution (like with pages) to integrate another script like phpBB or Invision Power Board. Orca's a very basic script and lacks many of the features that's considered common. It does make up for it with tons of cool Ajax effects, though.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 19 Dec 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.