Suggestions about Orca from members of my site

I asked my members what they would like to see in the new site and boy did they have some things to say about Orca:

I would like the "post reply" button renamed eg "reply" or "add comment" and located at the bottom of the page, where you already are - instead of scrolling down to read then all the way back up to reply. And also the "submit" button next to it so it can be seen when you've finished typing. At present you have to know the button is there and scroll down to find it.

This is because my brain reads "post reply" as -confirm and send - in the absence of a "submit" button in clear view, and I keep losing posts!

A forum engine which is easier to navigate and find new, unread posts (php, vbulletin?).  I think that's the biggest bar to the forums being used more extensively.

... plus, much as I love this site and all its little quirks, the IM is bobbins!  Please can we have one that not only works properly, but works in all areas of the site?  Particularly the forums!

I have to admit that as wonderful and dynamic the dolphin software is, it's weakest point would have to be the forum.
Quote · 6 Jan 2010
RE: I have to admit that as wonderful and dynamic the dolphin software is, it's weakest point would have to be the forum.

Yes.... we know.  Sadly, the forum is something that Boonex did not improve one bit from D6 to D7.   I need to get IPB integrated, but I haven't seen the coder I was going to commission for that task, on this site for a long time.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 6 Jan 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.