Suggestions for Evo Wall and Timeline

I am a big fan of the Evo Wall from ilbellodelweb which I use on my main site but, I also use the BoonEx Timeline on another site. There is a few things I have noticed on these two modules that I think should be considered in the next updates. I have already spoken to the developer of the Evo Wall about this but figured I would post this since BoonEx may want to consider it too.

As much as I hate to admit it, Facebook does have a couple of features regarding it's wall that I think should be adopted in these 2 modules.

1. When people comment on a post, the original post should go back to the very top of the 'wall'. Currently it stays where it was originally posted. The issue is the notifications tell you that member X has commented on member Y's post but it tells you nothing about 'what' post was commented (which should be fixed too).  So members now have to go searching to see if they can find any new comments through all the posts they have made. 

2. You should all members to post Text AND Media at the same time. For example, If I wanted to add a post that said 'Take a look at my cute dog' AND add a photo, that's currently impossible. Everything has to be posted separately. The best you can do right now is post the photo, then come back and make a comment on it.

3. In addition to #2, when someone is commenting on a post, you should at least be able to add a photo (at the same time) if nothing else. This is actually available in Trident so why not include it in Dolphin?

I'm sure there are other options everyone could come up with but I think these would be a good start for those who use these modules.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 20 Mar 2016

When we post a photo, can we add a description to the photo?

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 20 Mar 2016

Timeline notification are not integrated with spy module. 

https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/issues/365

And for photos in comments Alex mentioned of using moxiemanager 

https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/issues/371

Umar Haroon
Quote · 20 Mar 2016

Yes we can, you have to wait till the photo upload is done then rename right below the photo. If you want a detailed description along photo categories, for that you have to edit the picture.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 20 Mar 2016

Yes we can, you have to wait till the photo upload is done then rename right below the photo. If you want a detailed description along photo categories, for that you have to edit the picture.

In order to add a description, you will need to use the 'Regular' uploader instead.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 20 Mar 2016

To me, a wall is a tangible object where members can post items and other members can interact. I find they're a waste of time but others have a different opinion.  If the wall owner makes a series of posts and you answer number ten for example, shouldn't that stay at post number ten? If it's bumped to number one because you said something childish like "Great Post", it may push nine more important posts to the bottom of the stack. I've already had my say today about members "Bumping" posts, but this is another example. In the wrong hands it could destroy your site.

When something like this is considered, the programmers must look at the pro's and cons. I'd want my wall (which I have disabled on my Elgg site) to remain in date order, you may not. Thus a good programmer would allow us to decide which way it will be.

A timeline is exactly that. It timelines events as they happen. Having people mess with it other than making a very short comment on an event is also dangerous. Thus Dolphin has given us the option to allow comments or not. I have everything turned off because I want my members to see the timeline for what it is. If they wish to comment, they can message the other member. That builds friendships through interaction.

To me, social networking is NOT about standing on a soapbox and telling everyone what they don't want to hear. It's about friends communicating with friends and making new ones along the way.

I went to a facebook Group tonight for the first time in years and I thought the entire site was a mess. I spent twenty minutes learning absolutely nothing. If there was anything worthwhile there, I was unable to find it. 

Quote · 20 Mar 2016

I also made a suggestion like this years ago, and it was simply ignored (before facebook did it, so you can imagine how angry I was that they beat me to it).  Hopefully someone LISTENS and this gets implemented asap.  However, I did find a work around, which was use something like moxie.  Although that was my solution, it isn't a smooth work flow, because many more buttons needs to be pressed.  Would like to keep things simple by putting the picture/video button in a nice location for easy access, and make it quick & easy to use....same way fb does.

I haven't been able to find a great solution for videos though...hopefully videos is included in "media"

2. You should all members to post Text AND Media at the same time. For example, If I wanted to add a post that said 'Take a look at my cute dog' AND add a photo, that's currently impossible. Everything has to be posted separately. The best you can do right now is post the photo, then come back and make a comment on it.

3. In addition to #2, when someone is commenting on a post, you should at least be able to add a photo (at the same time) if nothing else.

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 20 Mar 2016

main issue for me - and reason I have still not put timeline on a live site...

is when you post a photo, while it shows on timeline - if someone clicks on it to view they get re-directed to the photo view page (within another module!). User SHOULD be able to stay on the timeline view and view content there.

Otherwise, they simply lose their place on the timeline. Photo could be 30 posts deep...

same for videos and other timeline submitted content. Should by viewable inline.

This is the single biggest issue with timeline from a UX angle.

Quote · 3 Aug 2016

to this point 1 that if a post is commented the he I heard again at the top of the peak already pointed out a very long time ago.

But whether because what happens?

Dolphin could sometimes in attack take as commented posts far down easily fall into the oblivion

Quote · 3 Aug 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.