Third Party Market?

I am asking if there is any interest in creating a third party market where Dolphin developers can sell modules that may require actions outside of the new Boonex restrictions?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Dec 2016

This is an overreaction. The only change is for mods that completely replace existing modules (which I said before should be under their own modules). Quick line edits or even additions of code blocks are still allowed - and that's the lion's share of any mods on the market.

This does affect some developers, and it's a PITA for them. But BoonEx has said it will offer whatever time is needed. And it will be better for everyone after the initial transition period.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 4 Dec 2016

This is an overreaction. The only change looks to be for mods that completely replace existing modules (which I said before should be under their own modules). Quick line edits or even additions of code blocks should still be allowed - and that's the lion's share of any mods on the market.

This does affect some developers, and it's a PITA for them. But BoonEx has said it will offer whatever time is needed. And it will be better for everyone after the initial transition period.

I don't think so Nathan.

This is what AlexT stated: "These are the modules which modify a lot of files and when new version is released and upgrade overwrite modified files, the whole Dolphin script becomes broken."

So yes, a lot of modules in the market that require core files to be changed will no longer be in the Market.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 4 Dec 2016

We aren't going to delete many modules. Nathan and me explained this in another thread. You can't take just one sentence from the whole explanation. Since other text explains more about it.

Original discussion:

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Market-clean-up-attention-to-all-developers-.htm

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 17 Dec 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.