Transgender Clarification

There are numbers of people asking about/wanting to add third option in Sex: "Transgender".

Sex: Female or Male, period. It's the law of nature. Stop and think, is there Transgender sign when it comes to water closet/restroom?

Transgender is "Sexual Orientation" and it doesn't necessary mean who you want to sleep with but who you are. I am/you are... Bisexual, Gay, Intersex, Lesbian, Questioning, Straight, or Transgender.

If male becomes female then "she's" a female. If female becomes male then "he's" a male. He/she can always change Sex option. Simple as that.

Hope this helps.

I have created Sexual Orientation Set Up for those who are interested in painstaking tasks in Tips, Tricks and Sharing. In the near or far future, someone to share faster way to inject via query.

Quote · 21 Oct 2013

Sexual Orientation is who you are attracted to.  If you are attracted to the same sex then you are consider homosexual; if you are attracted to the opposite sex, then you are heterosexual.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 21 Oct 2013

You've made a valid point. Transgender is independent of sexual orientation. Transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, polysexual, or asexual. I had to look that up! Smile

Sex is either of the two main categories (male and female). But there are some who were/are born with both is called Intersex. Generally, it should be three categories!

"Gender" or "Gender Identity" is proper term to use instead of "Sex"? Lists are:

Male, Female, Intersex, Trans man, Trans woman

What you think?

Quote · 22 Oct 2013

Better to keep it simple... male, female and whatever word you wish to describe 'other'... where 'other' is for those that feel they are neither male/female (as they themselves define 'male' and 'female'). Transgender seems like a reasonable word to use.  If your site focuses on social networking for Transgenders then by all means do split it into as many variations as you deem appropriate.

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
Quote · 22 Oct 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.