Trying to Transfer Database w/many profiles

I have owned my license for over 15 years approx. I am finally doing something promising to get some interests in one of my sites. Trying to transfer over around 62,000 profiles from another database. Most of these profiles have images. The profiles table I found relatively easy to get over. The problem I am running into is the images. I am working with the following tables: bx_photos_main, sys_albums, sys_albums_objects, and sys_categories. I hope I am on the right track, so far nothing is showing. I have also imported images. Do I need to import each resized image withe proper extension; i.e.; _ri.jpg, _rt.jpg, etc. Also another question would be about the Unix timestamp date fields I am running across, are they connected in the in a major way or not.   I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks, Chuck in Denver

Quote · 18 Apr 2017

You want to transfer all the files in the /modules/boonex/photos/data/files.  If you can not view the images, it may be due to a privacy setting.  If you are importing images that have privacy set to 3; public, and you do not have the public privacy group installed on your site you are importing into, you won't see the images unless log in as admin.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Apr 2017

Do I need to import each resized image withe proper extension; i.e.; _ri.jpg, _rt.jpg, etc?

Yes 

would be about the Unix timestamp date fields I am running across, are they connected in the in a major way or not ?

I think they are user for sorting

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 23 Apr 2017

good answer from geekgirl, as always!

I've had this exact same issue before, and it was a privacy level problem.

if you transfer all photo files in the /modules/boonex/photos/data/files/ folder and bx_photos_main, sys_albums, sys_albums_objects db tables, and then make sure that privacy level values are correct in tables and clear the cache, after that all photos will become visible ...hopefully =P

You want to transfer all the files in the /modules/boonex/photos/data/files.  If you can not view the images, it may be due to a privacy setting.  If you are importing images that have privacy set to 3; public, and you do not have the public privacy group installed on your site you are importing into, you won't see the images unless log in as admin.

Quote · 24 Apr 2017

I am probably doing this the long way, I have built up each table all the way to the sys_albums_objects. which I am still working on albums. then got a query to get the sys_albums_objects info. Is there an easier way to get the last ID of photos with a query. Forgive me I am not that experienced with MySQL queries, I was surprised I came up with the sys_albums_objects information. but i have to still have the sys_albums built up properly.  Long process and I think there has to be an easier way to pull this..Would anybody have a mysql query in which I could pull only the last ID of photos of the owners of the photos. This would make my work so much easier and faster...

Quote · 26 Apr 2017

Already have that setup fine, what I am trying to do is query the last photo id only of the owner from bx_photos_main to build the sys_albums, then to build sys_albums_objects. I have the query figured out for sys_albums_objects. but instead of going thru the long list and eliminating every record except for the last one of photos for each user, which is taking a god aweful long time. I would like to just pull a query.  Does this makes sense?  I know there is an easier way of doing this if I knew mysql better.

Quote · 26 Apr 2017

I don't know what you are doing; you just export and import the tables.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 26 Apr 2017

Thanks for the help. I got it solved. What I was trying to do was grab the last Object ID for Albums to build up the sys_albums table. 

This is what I did to get the information I needed. 

///SELECT

MAX(ID),

Owner

FROM

chuckmcd_dolp363.bx_photos_main

WHERE

ID > 1 AND

Owner > 1

GROUP BY

Owner

///

I built my table from this. I figured out the query for sys_albumms_objects. I know I probably did this the long way. Likely there is solutions already in the classes files.  But on the right track now...

Quote · 26 Apr 2017

Well, without never having done such a task before. I needed to transfer profiles database and by studying tables for profiles and photos. The only way I could figure it out was to build up each table. for 92,000 profile. First Profiles, then bx_photos_main, sys_albums, and sys_albums_objects. I would love to know an easier way of accomplishing this naturally. But the answers were difficult to locate with much searching. People such as yourself obviously have much more experience. Being a novice at all this, I am really proud that I have come this far in understanding the database and how they work. Still much to learn. Sorry if my explaining was not plain and clear in what I was trying to accomplish. Please let me know of an easier way to get profiles from another source with images into dolphin. Thanks,

Quote · 28 Apr 2017

Hi Geek Girl, 

I did want to thank you for the attempt to assist. I know my semantics or use of words to explain myself was not really that plain and clear, I am sorry about that. I  learned quite a bit from looking at your past posts as well as Deano's posts. You guys are a great help in many cases. I am going to post a synopsis of what I have learned and if you could look at it once done and let me know if it all makes sense then. If not, i will remove, becuase I certainly don't want to lead anybody down the wrong path. Thanks, Chuck

Quote · 30 Apr 2017

Is there an easier way to get the last ID of photos with a query

I would suggest to use:

SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID();

Just after INSERT statement. 

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 30 Apr 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.