Update an existing member AFTER Builder????

Using Builder, I have added fields to the basic member profile to enhance the profile.   Then I went back to edit my own member (non-admin) profile.   I was surprised to find that the NEW fields were NOT available for the existing member to edit / add content.  When the data structure is improved using Builder, all of the existing members should have an opportunity to UPGRADE their profiles by editing them.  The blank fields should automatically be made available if they were not submitted during the initial submission.

Have I missed something?

pedit.php

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Answering my own post.

At the BUILDER, you have the option of selecting EDIT Profile and others.  The fields are in the inactive box, and need to be moved up.  Each field needs to be edited for Caption and Instructions.

Also, each type of user needs to be engineered.  That is, the above step needs to be done for Vistors, Members, Admin, and Moderators.

Arthur

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

Yes, you just should to put your new fields to Edit page too, and available to members :)

seems before you create this fields for Join page only,

Just play with builder a little

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Thank you.

Yes.  Builder is fine.  It just takes some work and getting used to it.

Arthur Rosenfield

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.