Updates affecting forms

Hi every time boonex update the dolphin platform i need to add again and again the captcha to my pages this for security propose this should be a future from dolphin instead that we need to add this every time.

Or another suggestion why not split the form from the security layer so that the form won't be affected and for you it will be more easy to update the security holes.

Greetings,

Benjamin

Quote · 8 Aug 2016

We have Captcha fields for not logged-in members, on such forms like: Join, Contact, Forgot Password.

If you make some modification then most likely it will be lost during upgrade.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 17 Aug 2016

Once you create an account any silly robot can login and create blog posts that's why I need catcha in all blogs, shop, groups,clubs because got a lot of spam in the server so we had to remove a lot in the site. To reduce this we putted capucha but I'm getting tired to change it after every upgrade to check what works what stopped working.  This is this way since the first version I got 5 years ago and really getting tired of it.

Quote · 17 Aug 2016

what you are describing is actually the intended function - like any other social networking site/platform. Your issue is not with the forms and you really dont need to add captchas all over the place. That will make people stop using your site more than it actually helps.

Check here in the forums for posts about how to keep spammers out - there are  alot.

caredesign.net
Quote · 18 Aug 2016

I agree. If I needed to enter a CAPTCHA everywhere just to use a site I was logged into, I'd quit in a heartbeat. After the user is authenticated and logged in, there shouldn't be any more challenge requests.

But if you really want to keep this setup, then like Alex said, your changes are being overwritten by the upgrade patches. You should check the patch first to make sure it doesn't overwrite a file you've modified, and if so, re-apply the changes. But in this case, I would recommend against this kind of mod. It's very hostile to the user.

Dolphin supports requiring manual approval of new members. So if you want to make sure a user is legitimate, you can check their profile first before they're activated and able to post.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 19 Aug 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.