Upgraded from 7.3.5 to 7.4.0 Mobile App Broke Now

Upgraded from 7.3.5 to 7.4.0

Mobile App will not connect returns Http status code: 500! = 200

Will upgrading to 7.4.1 fix this was it a known bug?

If not anyone has an Idea as to the problem.  For now, have reverted back to 7.3.5.

Quote · 16 Apr 2019

I copied all the old files over to a different directory before updating.

I reselect the backup files backup as the active directory and it works.

I do notice when 7.4.0 files are active the License is trial.

I try resetting the license on the https://www.boonex.com/market/licenses page but the 7.4.0 server will not accept the license. 

Quote · 16 Apr 2019

I copied all the old files over to a different directory before updating.

I reselect the backup files backup as the active directory and it works.

I do notice when 7.4.0 files are active the License is trial.

I try resetting the license on the https://www.boonex.com/market/licenses page but the 7.4.0 server will not accept the license. 

Listen, 7.4.0 is broken, you have to go to 7.4.0 to 7.4.1 and things will be fixed.  This is because Boonex does things in a stupid way.  What should have been done is that 7.4.0 and the 7.4.0 upgrade should have just been fixed.  No, Boonex won't do that, they come out with a new release that confuses everyone.  So people update to 7.4.0, find that things are broken and don't know what to do.  And I understand because that is the normal flow, update, test, then update, test.  However, you can't do this with the 7.4.0 upgrade, just upgrade to 7.4.0 and then do the 7.4.1 upgrade and then test.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 16 Apr 2019

And by the way, I asked Boonex to remove the 7.4.0 and 7.4.0 upgrade until they were fixed and they didn't.  Boonex as a company is one of the worst I have ever had to deal with.  If they had done as I asked, then all the confusion that I keep having to answer about 7.4.0 wouldn't be there.

Quote · 16 Apr 2019

As for the mobile app, I can't answer that question.

Quote · 16 Apr 2019

I seem to remember a previous upgrade breaking more than it fixed as well.

Surprised

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 16 Apr 2019

I have complete the upgrade to 7.4.1. 

Yes, the license issue was fixed. Now has my license installed.

Yet still unable to connect with the dolphin app downloaded from the Apple Store.

Quote · 16 Apr 2019

I realized that after putting all 7.4.1 file into the directory I did not run the upgrade php. 

I did say that it was upgraded to 7.4.1 with a simple refresh of the administrator and I was able to upgrade the license.

So I run the upgrade script and to my surprise, it again stripped the license and will not accept the license. 

And the mobile apps do not work.

I think this is a license issue not sure.

Quote · 16 Apr 2019

OK, start over.  download the 7.4.0 patch and upload to server.  Run the upgrade script.  Do what the instructions say after running the upgrade.  Remove upgrade directory from server.  Download the 7.4.1 patch.  Upload to server.  Run the upgrade.  follow instructions for 7.4.1 patch.  Then test.

Leaving the upgrade directory in place after running it and then upload a new patch can possibly cause issues.  Always remember to remove upgrade directory after doing a patch; you can forget that it is there when applying a new patch.

Quote · 17 Apr 2019

so I did everything in order and I still can not register a license. On 7.4.1.

I am going to close this topic here and start a new one.

Quote · 17 Apr 2019

@geek_girl you are so clever and wise, you need to create your own prosperous company, maybe we'll be your clients then, like you are our client.

Listen, 7.4.0 is broken, you have to go to 7.4.0 to 7.4.1 and things will be fixed.  This is because Boonex does things in a stupid way.  What should have been done is that 7.4.0 and the 7.4.0 upgrade should have just been fixed.  No, Boonex won't do that, they come out with a new release that confuses everyone.  So people update to 7.4.0, find that things are broken and don't know what to do.  And I understand because that is the normal flow, update, test, then update, test.  However, you can't do this with the 7.4.0 upgrade, just upgrade to 7.4.0 and then do the 7.4.1 upgrade and then test.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 17 Apr 2019
Yet still unable to connect with the dolphin app downloaded from the Apple Store.

@manking thank you for the report:
https://github.com/boonex/dolphin.pro/issues/686 

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 17 Apr 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.