VBulletin Integration

I think it would be a good idea to create an available bridge so that when you login into dolphin pro you can participate in a VBulletin forum without creating a new account just for the forums.

Quote · 11 Oct 2015

Or you could go to VBulletin and ask them to create the integration.  One could also ask for an integration into Simple Machine Forum, or any of the other forums out on the net.  There are just too many forums to ask the Boonex team to create an integration into one specific forum.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 11 Oct 2015

It's never, ever going to happen.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 11 Oct 2015

Check PKforum maybe you will like it, message the author if they have updates for 7.2

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 11 Oct 2015

Check PKforum maybe you will like it, message the author if they have updates for 7.2

PKforum is a nice addition of features and would be positive move forward.  My problem is that I think PK forums price point is further out then I would desire.  The features PK forum adds are obvious things Orca should have already at a minimum.  I like simple but the default forum needs further developed along as we move forward with Dolphin Pro.  If PK forum was half its current price I would absolutely purchase it.  It looks like the author does have it updated for 7.2 as well.  Thanks for your suggestion.  I am pretty happy with 7.2.1 and I think we are headed in the right direction.  I may just need to wait for this feature to grow.

Quote · 30 Oct 2015

Or you could go to VBulletin and ask them to create the integration.  One could also ask for an integration into Simple Machine Forum, or any of the other forums out on the net.  There are just too many forums to ask the Boonex team to create an integration into one specific forum.

You're right.  I suppose I was more inclined to think someone may have been or accomplished this on a personal level rather than expecting it from Boonex.  My thoughts are that passing the session to VB from Dolphin is very achievable.  I've seen it done with Joomla.  Once you logged into this Joomla website you automatically had a VB forum account with the same details.  It was a privately funded job this guy had done and worked well.  I thought it was worth asking.  I would have to assume the hard part in all this would be upgrades to either Dolphin or VBulletin.  Essentially, you may have to upgrade either of them manually and carefully not to break the bridge between the two once its been established.  Everytime you had to update VB or Dolphin your possibly over hassled with this big task rather than auto updating and moving on with life.  The more I think about it the idea sounds worse and worse.  We should just work on Orca.

Quote · 30 Oct 2015

We should just work on Orca.

That's the plan that makes the most sense.  Coding it in php instead of all that xsl would be a good start.

I'm sure PKForum is great, but the last time I looked, it wasn't integrated into groups, events, and anywhere else Orca forum is used. For me, that's reason enough to not use it. 

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 31 Oct 2015

What about support of other forum engines ?
It will be great for users.

Quote · 18 Feb 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.