Video/Music Uploading

After a fresh install, when attempting to upload video, music, etc through the application, I get a Uploading file error message. I found an article in the wiki telling me things to do but to no avail...  http://www.boonex.com/trac/ray/wiki/GenRayTShooter#IgetUploadingfileerrorwhenuploadingaudiovideofilesinRayMediaandVideoPlayers

I am using shared hosting so I don't have access to many of the items listed.

I cannot find the php.ini file

I confirmed all the permissions were set properly.

I did everything I could...

Interestingly I created the php file receommend that is supposed to show the server variables...  I doesn't show a thing...

Any help or hints?

Thanks!

Quote · 28 Sep 2008

What is the error saying?  Have you increased the max upload file size by adding this to your root .htaccess file?

php_value max_execution_time 1000
php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
php_value post_max_size 10M
php_value register_globals 0

Quote · 28 Sep 2008

I just tripped upon the problem. I found a post saying to disable the permalinks for the video's - I just uploaded two of them!!

And to answer your question, I added all those variables to the .htaccess file

I'm a happy camper now...

Now I just have to figure out why the rss feeds are just showing the loading gif...

Do you know that one?

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

It is not advisable to put php instructions in the .htaccess file. Server hosts are adopting a more stringent security policy and this will disable your server (server 500 error) if you have php instructions in the .htaccess file. Create a php.ini file and put this in the root of your Dolphin install.

Stuart

What is the error saying?  Have you increased the max upload file size by adding this to your root .htaccess file?

php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
php_value post_max_size 10M

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 29 Sep 2008

Yes, some servers allow to work with .htaccess file, some with php.ini

that you can setup your host a little, but better to increase upload sizes, like

php_value upload_max_filesize 100M
php_value post_max_size 100M

and mods, if your video not uploaded, recheck - which system of your host, is it unix/linyx, or freeBSD, or windows.

Just because you should have ffmpeg for exactly host system.

Quote · 29 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.