Video Player Problems

Video Player Problems

First things first. I am running Dolphin 6.1 Ad Free. I have purchased several Ad Free Ray Plugins. At this point I have to say that as a paying customer I am on the edge of asking for a total refund because this has become so frustrating and not user friendly. I also appreciate it is nearly impossible to create anything that fits every server configuration. I desperately need help or I am going to have to request a refund because the amount of time I am putting into this far out weights any potentional benefit that could come from running Boonex and Ray. So please assist me.

I was over in the Ray Blog and got a few tips, but nothing that solved the problem of being able to configure Ray Video or for that matter Ray Music. Increasing the settings is the problem.

I did a new install of the video plugin and here is what has taken place. At the end of the install I got this:

attention

That led me to this code in customFunctions.inc.php:

<?
require_once("../inc/header.inc.php");
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'tags.inc.php' );
require_once( BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_INC . 'utils.inc.php' );

function parseTags($iId)
{
reparseObjTags( 'video', $iId );
}

function genUri($s)
{
return uriGenerate($s, MODULE_DB_PREFIX.'Files', 'Uri', 255);
}

?>

I didn't change anything because I didn't understand what it was asking for.

I then proceeded to FINISH the installation and try uploading a file. Currently the config.php for MOVIE is as follows.

<items><item key="editor_width"><![CDATA[440]]></item><item

key="editor_height"><![CDATA[640]]></item><item

key="player_height"><![CDATA[435]]></item><item

key="filesCount"><![CDATA[20]]></item><item

key="filesUrl"><![CDATA[#filesUrl#]]></item><item

key="fileSize"><![CDATA[100]]></item><item
key="fileMaxSize"><![CDATA[100]]></item><item
key="autoPlay"><![CDATA[true]]></item><item
key="save"><![CDATA[false]]></item><item
key="autoApprove"><![CDATA[true]]></item><item

key="sameQuality"><![CDATA[true]]></item></items

I thought I had acheived success when I saw the following:

uploading

However there as no success because the upload was followed by this:

error

I would really like to be able to change the settings and limits for the Music and Video Plugins. I am surte hoping you folks can assist. One upside to this is many folks are having a problem with this and once we have it solved it will help may others.

One more question, how do we cancel chat rooms created by USERS in AV CHAT?

Quote · 26 May 2008

I just tried putting everything back to default and it matters not what I do, it will not write the changes and keeps coming back with 20 files and a 100 meg limit rather than the 10 files and 2 megs. So it appears it is a write problem and I have checked all the permissions for files and folders and they all are what they are supposed to me.

Any ideas?

It uploads fine if I upload a video smaller to 2 megs, everything works perfect. Upload anything larger and you get a file size warning.

So very frustrating.

Undecided

Quote · 27 May 2008

Okay folks I am getting desperate here.  I went through every table in the database and found nothing resembling a table containing settings for any of the Ray plugins.

Someone has to respond.  PLEASE!!!

Cry

Quote · 27 May 2008

I have solved the problem.  Never did hear from Support on the issue.

In order to have Music or Video uploads greater than 2 megs I had to enter my server's Administration Panel, in my case I use CPANEL.

I then entered my PHP Configuration Editor and switched it to ADVANCED MODE.  I then located   upload_max_filesize and post_max_size and assign larger values to them.

I saved the configuration.  Logged back into dolphin and upload a 25 meg file with no problem.

I hope this helps others that have suffered the same problem. 

Quote · 28 May 2008

Hi Charmer,

I noticed that you paid for Ad Free, in the images you posted, the blue triangle in the top left corner is a Boonex add (Link Back), click on it you will see, have you installed the ad free version, or the free version, just letting you know.

From the land DownUnder
Quote · 28 May 2008

Hello Charmer.

We are sorry for the delay with our answer. We've been trying our best to answer all support requests in time, but we just physically can't handle them all at a time.

I'd want to let you know that some answers can be found in the Docs section on the Trac. Here is the link for you where you can find the answers to your questions:

http://www.boonex.com/trac/ray/wiki/GenRayTshooter

I hope this helps.

--
Best regards, Igor L.
BoonEx Experts
BoonEx Ltd. - Community Software Experts

http://www.boonex.com

Quote · 2 Jun 2008

Hi Charmer,

I noticed that you paid for Ad Free, in the images you posted, the blue triangle in the top left corner is a Boonex add (Link Back), click on it you will see, have you installed the ad free version, or the free version, just letting you know.

I paid for and downloaded the ad free version.

how do I find out for sure?

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.