WTF am I missing... ?

Hi All,

I can't for the life of me figure out why the classifides button links to a sub-directory named ads that doesn't exist, as well as groups,photo,music etc...

classifieds.php does exist in the root folder, but there are ads/groups/photo... folders within the folder structure of dolphin. I opened the original zip, not there either.

so, what do i need to do to get these folders appear and have files within them?

Thanks for the help,

Quote · 28 Jun 2008

The site uses .htaccess to create "search engine friendly links"... in other words it turns:

/events.php?action=view&date=040508

into

/events/040508

the directories don't really exist.. it just uses "mod rewrite" to send requests where they need to go.

Mike

http://www.makeasocialnetwork.com

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 28 Jun 2008

Thanks for the reply Mike,

Here's bit more more info. The current setup is on IIS6, can the htaccess files be ported/utilized in a windows environment?

I also have a shared hosting linux environment (using ISPconfig) but i get error 500 messages when the htaccess files are present. If I delete the htaccess files the error 500 disappears but the install will not run through.

Do you know of a prefered setup environment, i can put together whatever is required via virtualization. Should mention that as well, the setup is on MS Virtual Server 2005

Thx again!

Quote · 28 Jun 2008

I think the majority of the people use a LAMP setup, honesly I have NO experience with a windows server so I might be the wrong person to answer, haha.... see if your .htaccess has the "register globals" line towards the top.. if it does take it out and see if that helps.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 28 Jun 2008

Thanks for the reply Mike,

Here's bit more more info. The current setup is on IIS6, can the htaccess files be ported/utilized in a windows environment?

I have run windows servers for years and there is no reliable way to use an app that creates htaccess files on a windows server (using IIS) UNLESS you run the windows version of Apache. In that case, it should be nearly identical.

David P

Quote · 29 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.