What a mess with 6.1

We tested the free version before installing the ad free version and had no problems but now that we have all the license's and have installed the ad free version what a nightmare it has turned out to be.

We have sent several E-mail to BoonEx and still can not get any replys from them about all the problems we are having.

One of the problems is we have no HTML blocks in the page builder section

I also get several E-mails from the system about errors now this is a major problem since it sends me a E-mail every 5 minutes.

Our profile pages are so messed up that they are hard to read and the profile photos flash on the screen so fast it makes you dizzy.

We still have not located where we can increase the number of videos a member can upload.

And the list goes on

We feel that BoonEx has gotten their money from us and that they do not want to address the problems we are having. It is really bad when you pay for the license's and the their support acts like you do not exist.

I are thinking about hiring a programmer now to come in and clean up their mess but we fell that the cost would cause us a problem at this time unless we try to recoup some of the cost from BoonEx who seems to be avoiding us and our questions.

I do not believe we would feel this way if we were using the free version but since we purchased the license's I would think BoonEx would at least respond to one of our Emails?

Maybe now that they have cash in hand this is more of a joke to them....

Quote · 6 Jun 2008

Geez - I run the ad version and still have a few issues before I go line.

I think one of the major product downfall is that they do not allow creation of photo albums and batch uploading of photos.  I know there is a plugin you can purchase (2), but I think it should be an internal part of the overall software package to start with..

Either way, one question I can answer is about the video uploads..   To my knowledge, you can edit your ray video player settings to set the amount of uploads.  50 I believe is max with Ray free, but not sure for paid version..

Quote · 6 Jun 2008

Thanks for the help there is so many bugs in this it seems you lose how to do the easy things. I was able to change the upload number but the max is 50 so i messed with it further and figured out how to raise that number to any number you want.

Quote · 6 Jun 2008

desertwolf,

I have a set of resource links here in addition to my own set of Dolphin tutorials. I have a few there and doing some 6.1.+.

If you want, you also can request a tutorial. If it gets enough votes I will actually do one for the group. I then send it out to a select group of testers to try it out. If it passes member approval I then post it. I do this to stay sharp and to continually learn and get better at my craft.

Currently I have an Orca mod that will allow a user to subscriber to the thread so they can get alerts. They subscribe and unsubscribe. I a few other mods there too.

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 6 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.