What's 'apachectl -M 2>&1 | grep expires_module?"

Hi,

Please I have copied my site from test domain to new domain. The site is not working well on the new domain as as it did on the test domain. I checked in the Dolphin admin >> Host tools and I find that under Web-server: Apache the following:

rewrite_module - UNDEFINED (try to check manually: apachectl -M 2>&1 | grep rewrite_module)

Please what does this mean and how can I get things to satisfy requirements?

CURRENT PROBLEMS ON SITE

Currently, My site on the new domain is not able to

(a) Upload photos, videos or files

(b) Most menus on the site redirect to the homepage instead of the designated pages

But everything works fine on the old test domain

HOST TOOLS DIFFERENCES

When I check in the host tools of both old test domain and new domain,

(a) I see "rewrite_module - UNDEFINED (try to check manually: apachectl -M 2>&1 | grep rewrite_module)" under the "Web-server: Apache" in the new domain

But on the old test domain, I see "rewrite_module - OK" under
"Web-server: Apache"

(b) Under "Site Setup" >> ffmpeg   and "Site Setup" >> Cronjobs, I do not see the green codes output. Just blank. But in the old test domain, I see the the green code output.

SCREENSHOT ATTACHED. PLEASE WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE? HOW CAN I SOLVE IT?

THANKS YOU.

DOL.jpg · 206K · 382 views
Quote · 21 Jan 2017

It is not finding apache rewrite module.  Without it, the rewrites in the .htaccess file won't work and is why your menu items are not working.

they are giving you the command to check it by shelling into the server and at the command line.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Jan 2017

Hi ,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually I wouldn't care that much about apache rewrite module if my site works well.

I have updated Dolphin to the latest version. And I replaced the .htacess file with fresh copy from the latest dolphin version, the menu redirection problem, and even 403 forbidden error problems got solved.

However, my site is still not able to process audio or video. After audio uploaded, it just says "audio not processed" and the audio won't play.

As for the video, it doesn't upload and it doesn't process. Any way to help deal with audio and video case?

Thank you

Quote · 23 Jan 2017

Make sure ffmpeg permission is set to 777; it can safely be set to 777. 

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Jan 2017

Hi

thanks,

My hosting provider has solved the problem for me.

Thus my advice is if anyone faces this issue too, they should contact hosting provider.

Personally, hosting providers are the last people I want to contact to solve problem but sometimes, it's most reasonable to go t them anyway

Quote · 24 Jan 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.