When to start your Dolphin to UNA migration?

Hello dolphin friends!

It's bee a long time no see, hope ya'll are doing okay and staying away from the badass pandemic. I just wanted to quicky share my experience and latest thoughts regarding migration from Dolphin to UNA. 

This has been a sore topic here and I can imagen some of you are probably still feeling upset and disappointed about everything and how Boonex handled the situation badly, and that includes me I was also very reluctant for a long time to even consider switch over to UNA partially due to loss of time and money already invested in Dolphin but mainly because of the whole sneakiness and management modus operandi.

I've been working on improvements and building customized modules for my dolphin sites for years and I'm trying to keep everything up to date as much as possible and upgrading outdated libraries and plugins, modifying Dolphin's old codebase to be combability with modern web technologize, sidenote and fun fact, yes dolphin can run on php8+ but it requires a lot of editing and code refurbishment for everything to work ok and ultimately after the realizing that nobody from Boonex has been doing any work on Dolphin for 2+ years and that nothing will ever be done again, I finally came to the conclusion that either it's time to migrate to UNA or change to another platform or start building everything from scratch using the of the latest hot frameworks available... 

The past couple of months been first exploring and recently deep diving into UNA's new ocean and I must say that my lightly negative opinions have drastically changed and I'm enjoying it more and more, after experimenting with it and successfully rebuilding a few of my old modules to working UNA versions I even think it's far superior to Dolphin and I'm actually now looking forwards to completing the whole migrating process and then start grinding on UNA's fresh modern and well marinated platform with it's active community & Github with continuous updates new feature version releases etc. 

Final conclusion, it's time to let go of the past and everything that it's no longer important, move forward with a positive mindset and take on new changes with a smile, the trust is that I'm beginning to like UNA very much and recommend you all to  forgive and forget, and give it a try if you have not already done so, how know it maybe better than you expect and you might even be happy to migrate your system from Dolphin to UNA...

With that I wish you all the best and good luck, stay safe!

Over and out 

Cool

Quote · 6 Feb 2021

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.