When will Dolphin have Photo Albums?

First I want to say that I have installed 6.1.1 and I have run into no major issues, which kind of surprised me after I saw so many people having so many problems.  I can't comment on those folks but I can say my installation was smooth as silk, and other than some tiny little things I'm discovering here and there, the software works very nicely.  Thanks Boonex!

My question is when, oh when, will Dolphin bring their shared photo gallery into the 21st century? Tongue out  By which I mean, when will Dolphin have Photo Albums?  Being able to create photo albums and upload lots of pics to them is the heart of a great social site.  Surely there are plans to implement this features??  The Trac section is not being updated, so I cannot find out anything there. 

And of course, if you're going to have Photo Albums, you need a Batch Upload widget too.  No one wants to sit there for hours and upload one picture at a time.  MySpace has a wonderful batch upload widget...if you use theirs, you will see that Dolphin's current photo uploader has some major catching up to do.

And I know there are mods for Photo Album and Batch Upload by scriptologist who has done a great job with the code that Dolphin has to offer...I will buy his mods if I have to.  The album mod looks good, but his batch upload mod still requires the user to go and select one photo at a time and then upload them all together.  The user should be able to browse to a folder and select 50 photos all at once and click upload, IMHO.  But if Dolphin has plans to implement these features, I will wait.  I just want to know...Are there plans???  Should I wait?? 

Thanks again for a great software!

***Fingers crossed for an answer from Boonex***

Quote · 16 Jun 2008

Eh, wow these boards have really picked up speed lately.  Just wanted to bump this...Been begging for an answer to this question for long time, even if the answer is "No."  I'm kind of surprised to see no one has seconded this question...does the Dolphin user community really not care about lack of photo albums feature?  If you do, c'mon, bump this topic!

Quote · 17 Jun 2008

I'd like to know if this is a future option also

clubbeyourself
Quote · 18 Jun 2008

it is interesting that so many software packages are missing this most important feature.

I run a photopost software site, and the much anticipated update to this popular photo community software will

be a java based drag and drop upload system.  at this point, one file at a time is the only way to go unless you ftp them and batch add them, which Dolphin still does not allow also..

I have been playing the Dolphin and love the features, implementation and admin control panel, but as mentioned, the photo features needs a complete overhaul.

There are 2 mods available that I saw.  One that will allow photo albums and one that will allow batch uploading.

It is interesting to hear that even though it is labeled as a batch uploader, the file selection is still not as smooth as it should be, so before I decide to buy the script I will either wait for the update to photopost or an update to Dolphin..

I have contacted Boonex directly on this issue, so I will provide an answer if I get a response..

Boogerd

Skidpics.com

Quote · 18 Jun 2008

Thanks for chiming in guys.  Boogerd if you hear from BoonEx let us know. 

Anyone else?

Quote · 18 Jun 2008

It is great to have this feature.  Much needed!!!

Quote · 21 Jun 2008

Well it doesn't look like I'm going to get my answer, so I will give this one last dejected **bump** before I pull out my wallet and buy the mods. 

I have seen members of the BoonEx team answering posts on these forums, yet this very simple question remains unanswered.  I can only take that to mean that the answer is "No, we do not plan to implement Photo Albums or multiple photo upload for Dolphin." 

I suppose I should be thankful you gave me a free car.  Now I will go buy the tires. 

Quote · 26 Jun 2008

i dont think boonex replies to anything anyways

Quote · 28 Jul 2008

Dolphin is the lowest featured of the BOONEX family of software. Smart Pro has more features.. SHARK will have them all!!!!  Also check Expertzzz.com as I have seen photo album mods and slide show mods for Dolphin there. Please be sure mod is approved for your Dolphin version.

If BOONEX answered FREE support all day every day we wouldn't have any software to play with..."or tires to buy for it." ;)

Quote · 29 Jul 2008

If BOONEX answered FREE support all day every day we wouldn't have any software to play with...
"or tires to buy for it." ;)

Hahahahaaaa . . .  more like buying carburetor, air cleaner/filter, intake manifold, distributor/points/rotor,  headers/gaskets/bolts, water pump, thermostat/gooseneck/gasket, radiator hoses/clamps, crankshaft, flywheel, main bearings/bolts, harmonic balancer/bolts, connecting rods/bearings/bolts, wrist pins, pistons/rings, camshaft, pushrods, rocker arms,/springs/retainers. valve covers, oil & water sending units, oil pump/filter, fuel pump/filter, belts, pulleys, fan/clutch. alternator, complete gasket set,  starter, plugs & wires, gasket sealer, grease, oil, antifreeze, wiring harness, etc for the "free" ENGINE BLOCK huh? LOL!

Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Hello from Boonex,

about 'Photo Albums',

possible it was developed, but all depends on our tasks from our bosses, this is first :)

second, .. now summer, time of vacations .. hard to perform and support and development (to version) and custom development for customers, we are not robots here :)

In any case if not Boonex, possible someone else (as expert) realize this, possible I, .. just cross fingers :)

Quote · 29 Jul 2008

There is a externall mod for albums...
For shared gallery
For member gallery
For private gallery.

Look at www.expertzzz.com  designer give good support to....

cheers

Kids first
Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.