Where exactly are the widgets and applets?

Hi,

I keep seeing little widgets that look cool but other than the main Ray apps I don't know where they are.  For example, this one for "new visitors": http://www.boonex.com/products/boonexpress/ - but that link says to come here to get it- to Unity.  So I'm here, where is it?  Could someone send me the correct link or procecure to get that app.  Also, when you go to the Extension page  Those links on the right- where it says, for example, there are 44 extension for Dolphin- it is not true, there are just a little over 20 - same thing for Ray.  Is there some other place where widgets and extensions reside that I don't know about?

Thanks

Rob

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

P.S.  Another one I would like is that "alerts" box on our Unity Accounts page- where could I get that?

Rob

Quote · 19 Aug 2008

Hi,

I keep seeing little widgets that look cool but other than the main Ray apps I don't know where they are.  For example, this one for "new visitors": http://www.boonex.com/products/boonexpress/ - but that link says to come here to get it- to Unity.  So I'm here, where is it?  Could someone send me the correct link or procecure to get that app.  Also, when you go to the Extension page  Those links on the right- where it says, for example, there are 44 extension for Dolphin- it is not true, there are just a little over 20 - same thing for Ray.  Is there some other place where widgets and extensions reside that I don't know about?

Thanks

Rob

Yea, I know...I was looking for them also. Thought there might be a link under licenses...but nada.

Quote · 20 Aug 2008

anybody?  What are we missing here?

Quote · 20 Aug 2008

It seems they need a LOT more explaining  .....  as usual huh?  (what else is new)

Quote · 20 Aug 2008

I found it pretty easy after reading it.

u register your site(submit new), goto my communitites/clcik urs/look right sid e and see get boonex express...typin in bed hahahaha blah heres the link

http://www.boonex.com/unity/community/accessories/widgets/247 <247 is my site www.darrenpowless.com

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 25 Aug 2008

Ok, good detective work mrpowless.  I did this and found a few express apps- "presense" , "chat", etc - but none of the ones I wanted - "newest members" and "alerts".  Also, it says you have to paste the code into the source code of your site.  I assumed it would be ok to paste it in an html block but it didn't work.  Were you (or anyone) able to get these working yet?

Rob

Quote · 25 Aug 2008

I got into that community area, but I never did find the two widgets I was looking for - the last visitors box they show at this link: http://www.boonex.com/products/boonexpress/ or the alerts they show on our account page here.   Does anyone know were to get these?  (Boonex people encouraged to respond).

-

Rob

Quote · 6 Sep 2008

Ok as usual mrpowless got me to the right direction....

once you log in click on my communities, the list of yours will show up( or just one) and THEN you have to click on the link leading to your community....and THEN look to the right side of the page , you will see get apps...but there are only 3 and doesnt say much what`s what...chat, board, presence....

I didnt try it but I think thats connected to boonex communities not to your own site....so let us know when you install it and find out...

Nurke

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

As I mentioned above and on another thread, I got that far also, and also found those three widgets.  Not the ones I mentioned though.  If someone from Boonex could let us know if there is a way to get them it would be appreciated.

Rob

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

REALLY easy to find huh  .....

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

You know, I have given up on ever finding these things, but if someone out there gets a wild hair and want to develop some mods for this it would be really cool.  I'd like two mods - a block for "most recent members" and a block for "most recent visitors"- maybe with a tiny thumbnail in each.   The friends recent actions / alerts like on the Unity account page would be cool also.

-

Rob

Quote · 19 Sep 2008

UPDATE:  Ok I found them, or at least found out what was causing the confusion.   As I mentioned in another thread, they are in the Communities section as described above.  I got confused because the "recent visitors" applet was named "presence" which didn't make much sense to me.  In any event, in my opinion the applets seem pretty lame.  They require some kind of separate login to Boonex and don't seem to detect who is really the most recent visitor to your site - I don't see why anyone would want this.

-

So let me ask a different question.  On the "Account" page here on Unity, there are some similar functions- they have "New members", "Last Online"  (a tab in the new members link), and "Viewed Me".   How can I put those functions on my site?

-

Thank you

-

Rob

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Hi Rob

"New members" and  "Last Online" I have no answar on, however New Members are on your front page if you click on latest. Hope this and more are improved with the next version..

But I can help you with Viewed Me,

Dolphin have some of this on one page, 'My Contacts': contacts.php

However if you will not show everything, you will only have 'Viewed Me' you can use URL like this I wrote at the botton.

If you will not use default 'My contacts' on My Account page you can do this item inactiv,
and make a new one that will show only 'Viewed Me'.

- Go to Navigation Menu Builder and drag a new menu item bellow My Account.
- Clik on NEW ITEM and write as bellow

System Name: Viewed Me
Language Key: _Viewed Me
Default Name: Viewed Me
URL: contacts.php?show=view&list=me
Target Window: Same
Visible for: Member

SAVE CHANGES

You will now have a new menu tab bellow My Account with name 'Viewed Me'

(you can also code it inside Contacts box on your Account page)

===========

You can do this with all URL bellow, you can choose what you will use or not on your site:

Members you were viewed by: contacts.php?show=view&list=me

Members you have viewed: contacts.php?show=view&list=i

-----------

Members you were greeted by: contacts.php?show=greet&list=me

Members you have greeted: contacts.php?show=greet&list=i

----------

Members you were hotlisted by: contacts.php?show=hot&list=me

Members you have hotlisted: contacts.php?show=hot&list=i

---------

Members you were blocked by: contacts.php?show=block&list=me

Members you have blocked: contacts.php?show=block&list=i

---------

Friend list: contacts.php?show=friends

Update, forgot this

Members you were invited by: contacts.php?show=friends_inv&list=me

Members you have invited: contacts.php?show=friends_inv&list=i

Ottar

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Hi Ottar, cool - thanks for this response.  I still don't see where "latest members" is on my homepage though, or where you click on "latest" - maybe I am looking right at it, but I also didn't see it on the menu builder- could you clarify?

-

The rest of your information is FANTASTIC!  Would there be any way to put that "viewed me" page in a little html block on the accounts page, instead of having it take the whole page"

-

Thanks

-

Rob

-

p.s.  If anyone has any thoughts on the "last online" function, that would be great also.

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Member Box Latest you have it on Random now

Viewed Me on a link inside Contacts box on your Account page,

do you mean show it on a box like My Friends

Ottar

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

Well duh...  of course, completely forgot - thank you.  Yes, I want to put the "viewed me" in a little text block.  Possible?

Quote · 20 Sep 2008

okweb (or anybody).  How did you figure out those urls for the special functions (viewed me, hot list, etc)?  I have been poking around the Dolphin wiki and it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere that I can find.  Could you tell me if there is a similar set of functions for other areas such as classifieds?   Where do I find them?

-

Thanks

Quote · 21 Sep 2008

From earlier versions of Dol. and if you read url.

Classified, not sure about it...

Quote · 21 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.