Why is Dolphin iOS/Android app still so terrible ?

Hi,

Boonex should definitely invest in improving their mobile apps with real social networking features :

- Timeline with media/links preview on app start, 

- Friends' timeline with media preview on friends' profile

- Ability to post on the timeline with media/links etc...

- Ability to load a web page right in the app when clicking to a shared link (should not be hard with iOS/Android API)

- Improved chat/messaging features

- Friend suggestions.

These improvements should not be customisations but standard for a social network. It looks like even years later, after many of us have been requesting those features in the forums, there is still no improvement but some minor bug fixes.

Current version 1.9 looks like BBS software I was using 25 years ago (remember First Class ?).

Wake-up Boonex, I have invested in 3 Premium licenses in 2010 (+1 added as a reward ). After qualifying them several times for various projects, I haven't used any of them so far because of this lack of native mobile app strategy.

If the mobile app looks like that, one should better spend time on a 50 bucks Parse-based iOS/Android app template to start their social network (even more relevant now Parse has gone open-source).

If you don't want to invest on mobile, then at least invest on an API for iOS/Android that provides main features : log-on, content timeline/friend list output, posting content, chat and up to us to do the GUI part. It will also make mobile apps more easily customisable and upgradable.

Quote · 21 May 2016

Maybe the best way to do that would be porting the responsive version of Boonex to a web view based app with a menu linking to relevant pages.

It wont't be perfect but at least, it'll be better than the current app from the 90s :)

Quote · 19 Jun 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.