Why is there no support?

Am I missing something? Why is there no official answer to the most common problems?

eg In Ray Suite if I selct to use rms.boonex.com it does not work.

Why doesnt it work? Is it just wrong ports?

Why is it there if it does not work for anyone?

Some people may say dont complain because it is free but that is untrue.

We all pay with the time invested and we make growing communities that ALL advertise the BoonEX products.

I appreciate the programs and that they look great in my imagination but in reality it is giving me a headach.

Is it just expected that we will dabble withe the free version and realise the only option is to pay?

Even then will it work?

I dont want to nor have the skills to set up my own RMS server or some such.

I only want to program to do what it says it does.

I am understanding now that you need a host that is designed around Dolphin but that is acking a bit much.

My main concern is do I stick with this product and put work in on it with no support from the company?

Who can answer this question? Why have a RMS checkbox to check if it never works?

Quote · 7 Feb 2009

Your question has been asked and answered no less than a hundred times in these forums. 

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 7 Feb 2009

Ok but was that an answer?

I find that it is strange how the question is asked hundreds of times over and yet like you said it has been clearly answered.

Somehow I still feel stupid as I don't yet know the answer.

I just have spent a lot of time in the past studying and sticking with a software to find that the supports starts to disappear just before the new releases stop. Then I'm left with a dozen sites with antiquated software running them.

Who is the company representative in the forums?

Thanks

Quote · 7 Feb 2009

i agree ..somewhat... i am too having a time setting up this dolphin well its setup just cant get the damn  a/v to work they say its been asked a 1000 tmes  and maybe so but not for WINDOWS i simple java error i searched here there everywhere i guess windows users get no support they should say that in the install INSTALL to windows  not supported or dont  have it for download at all

Quote · 7 Feb 2009

You need to get RMS hosting. Try www.terabyte-hosting.com.

Quote · 12 Feb 2009

why get hosting if they offer  the server ?? or is this their way of getting windows users to get hosting ?? this is so irritating no support i  emailed support maybe a week ago and no reply if it dont support windows fully then dont offer it i say at least the server all eles works except the a\v

Quote · 12 Feb 2009

Use the forums to research and direct your questions to those members that seem to know the most on the forums. I have had a lot of problems with the installation of the software yet found most all answers in the forums including the RMS issue you are experiencing. Start by checking with your host/server to make sure they are allowing the actions Dolphin needs to operate. The RMS feature does work with Boonex.

If the forums do not answer your question then send messages directly to the members you see frequently. Okweb has been a great resource for me as well as several others including directly communicating to Andre.

I have also emailed boonex on a couple of occasions and both times had a response within 2-3 days including them logging onto my site and testing to see the problem I experienced.

I agree that a quick referral guide would be nice but until then the senior users and contributors are a great resource to you.

Quote · 12 Feb 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.