Would like some honest opinions

Hello All,

I've been working on this Dolphin 7 site for a while now and was hoping to get some honest opinions on the overall look, layout and ease of use from some successful webmasters. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

www.fullaccess.us

Thanks Guys

www.CycleMadness.net
Quote · 1 Oct 2015

Hello All,

I've been working on this Dolphin 7 site for a while now and was hoping to get some honest opinions on the overall look, layout and ease of use from some successful webmasters. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

www.fullaccess.us

Thanks Guys

Cool site! The template was ok, could been a bit better

but you can just modify it. Otherwise I like'd it!

Keep it up!

Quote · 11 Jan 2016

I take it you're using hypernova as template.

Couple of things I think would visually make a difference for the better...

Try to make the background stick so the content floats, this way just the content moves when you scroll. Makes a big difference to 'feel'.

I would change the menu CSS, at the mo you have a pink nav menu when hovering or clicking on links, thats fine, but with the background changing on each module it kinda clashes on some... I would go something a little more neutral for nav menu. Also thin out the nav menu, hypernova default one is a bit blocky. This can be done in hypernova custom module, or simple CSS tweaks.

I would also suggest changing some of your page block designs. Get Deano's 'block tools' module, cheap and very useful.

You can remove the top section, the title for each block, or the background of blocks on an individual bases.

It will make a big difference... standard page blocks with every one having its own 'header' and 'title' just looks too 'blocky' for me...

I've done these simple adjustments also using hypernova and it makes a big difference to looks and feel of a site...

What are you using for your splashpage? Very nice.

Quote · 11 Jan 2016

I take it you're using hypernova as template.

Couple of things I think would visually make a difference for the better...

Try to make the background stick so the content floats, this way just the content moves when you scroll. Makes a big difference to 'feel'.

I would change the menu CSS, at the mo you have a pink nav menu when hovering or clicking on links, thats fine, but with the background changing on each module it kinda clashes on some... I would go something a little more neutral for nav menu. Also thin out the nav menu, hypernova default one is a bit blocky. This can be done in hypernova custom module, or simple CSS tweaks.

I would also suggest changing some of your page block designs. Get Deano's 'block tools' module, cheap and very useful.

You can remove the top section, the title for each block, or the background of blocks on an individual bases.

It will make a big difference... standard page blocks with every one having its own 'header' and 'title' just looks too 'blocky' for me...

I've done these simple adjustments also using hypernova and it makes a big difference to looks and feel of a site...

What are you using for your splashpage? Very nice.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look around and post your suggestions. 

Yes I am using Hypernova. Not having very much experience the Hypernova template makes it easy for me to make changes to the overall look of the site. 

As for making the background stick... I do know what your saying (and agree) but haven't a clue on how to get that done. Lol...

I liked your suggestion on changing the background for the nav menu buttons. And also made some changes to the block headers.

As for the splashpage, It's called  New_Splash_SOCIAL_WEB_3.0_D7-FINAL. I bought it from tboully a while back. From what I understand he bought some html 5 splashpages and redesigned them to work with Dolphin.

I also hired him to do some work for me. He does some excellent work if you can get him to show up. 

Thanks again,

John

www.CycleMadness.net
Quote · 11 Jan 2016

To make your background float, try the following.

find where your background css comes from and locate

background: #28457A

url("templates/tmpl_hypernova/bg/main/bg.php") repeat scroll center top;

add the following line

background-attachment: fixed;

clean cache etc. Tried it on your site using firefox inspect element, looks better with floating background I think.

If you cant find this, turn off css cached and JS compression and I can recheck your site using inspect element, should then be able to see the exact place for the code.

Quote · 16 Jan 2016

One of the better looking uses of Hypernova that I've seen...Looks good!

On smaller width screens, your page headers are set to NoWrap, and perhaps setting to Normal would wrap them as needed.

Nothing more to add really....daihlo pretty much covered it....Nice work!

Sys Page Header.JPG · 131.1K · 682 views
Quote · 16 Jan 2016

The best website I seen so dolphin! I was reading some of the other post and seen that you are using hypernova so am I but my site doenst look nearly as good as yours I could really use your help.

Quote · 16 Jan 2016

If you want a hand with the background float let me know.

Quote · 17 Jan 2016

The best website I seen so dolphin! I was reading some of the other post and seen that you are using hypernova so am I but my site doenst look nearly as good as yours I could really use your help.

Vashan) If I can be of any help, sure "If I can" I'd be glad to.

www.CycleMadness.net
Quote · 17 Jan 2016

If you want a hand with the background float let me know.

Thank you daihlo. I'm going to give it a try and see if it's something I can do. With help from your post above.  

Thanks again

www.CycleMadness.net
Quote · 17 Jan 2016

Something that gets often overlooked in site building is 'screen real estate', I always believe less is more in web design.

For example, you have links on your nav menu such as about and some sub links of help that are already in the footer so doubling up in screen space.

(the help content is also out of date with lots of template options that are not available)

I would suggest moving any content from these links that is not in footer into the footer and remove from top menu. Cleaner appearance.

Quote · 18 Jan 2016

Nice.. Rolling Thunder know about this?  Cool

Eagle II sends
Over 68 years on the planet and still having fun.. bus in my teeth wind in the

hair and holes in my jeans.  Tongue Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX9rFwDXKuU

Quote · 26 Feb 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.