Zarconia-Boonex Changes - part 2

Quote · 6d ago

Igor,

Why are you not replying to my tickets? And Why is my server offline, both my datingsites AND my 10 websites is not working, this has never happend for the 6 years i used Zarconia and Nathan. I need my server back online now so i can transfer to another host. I mean seriously, are you kidding me, this is just not okay! Really!? Hosting is a trust relationship, and let me tell you, I don't trust Zarconia any more, not after this episode. I've wrote more that 5 support tickets and a handfull of emails. What am i paying 129 USD for? Im soooo frustrated right now.

If you don't know how to give the correct support/service , then let Nathan close down Zarconia, IN A PROPPER AND RESPECTFULL way, instead of destroying all the great work/support/effort Nathan, put in to get this far. To excecute "Nathans baby" (Zarconia), in this way, that's just wrong!

Username in Zarconia is: Tor & Lisa

This is seriously worrying and illustrates my statement earlier in this thread that Andrew had no regard for those of us that rely on our sites for our income. For your server to be unreachable and for you not to have had a response for a priority one ticket is nothing short of a breach of contract. 

I have been lucky enough to have had a response to my open tickets with Zarconia. Not to resolve them but suggesting that I should take out contacts with other suppliers recommending very costly solutions that quite frankly are totally unsuitable. 

Andrew, you must resolve this ridiculous situation fast. If we start losing our sites, we will see you in court. This is not something any of us want but if you continue to ignore your customers and we lose our sites this is exactly what will happen.

Steve E
Quote · 6d ago

I find all of this frightening and amazing. My colleague and I both had accounts with Zarconia which amounted to 6 or 7 sites in all. A few months prior to this fiasco I moved the lot over Digital Ocean. Everything runs flawlessly on a $10 per month VPS droplet. I won't go into how many organisations we share the VPS with, but I did say all is working flawlessly.

I'd hate to think where we'd be if we got caught up in this mess. Losing a site with only a few members is bad enough, but to lose hundreds, if not thousands is negligence on behalf of the person who pulled the fuse.

Keep in mind that it's important to backup. However, if you were paying for backups there would be a legal issue. You probably won't get your site back, nor any money for that matter. Therefore, before you do anything, make sure the person or company you're challenging is solvent.

Setting up a sever of your own does require some work and it may not be something a lot of you would care to do. Thus I would get someone (not me) to set up a server and control panel to make life easy. Once done, you should be on your way, but you may care to keep your helper in the wings just in case. I use Sentora which isn't as fancy as cPanel, but it's relatively easy to use. I have four sites with their own web masters and each can access his/her Sentora panel individually. I can set limits on bandwidth, storage, databases etc, so it's good for all of us.

Although Digital Ocean suggest that one's bandwidth is limited with the cheaper "droplet", they have some kind of pooling system where unused bandwidth is shared. We seem to be getting 10 times more than we pay for.

If you want a personalised service, you won't get it from Digital Ocean. They don't offer a helping hand, but their forum and Wiki are both great. Other than that, consider the people promoting their services here. GeekGirl for example is keen to help.

Quote · 6d ago

I had paid an annual plan in advance.

Nathan's closure announcement was made between him receiving my payment and the commencement of the annual term. As the term had not started I requested a refund.

That was refused. 

Then came the update.

My understanding of Nathan's message

"we'll be able to continue meeting the hosting and support needs of our customers.

What does this mean for current customers? You will no longer need to find alternative hosting"

was that I need take no action, service would continue as usual.

Last Friday, Zarconia ... Boonex ... who ever, terminated my site.

Quote · 5d ago

I think someone needs to be far more transparent about this. While I was with Zarconia I checked who I was sharing the server with. I can't remember names, but there was something like 60 sites. My colleague was on a different server with slightly more sites - 65 if I recall. That's 120 sites on two servers, not counting all the VPS servers and any other budget servers Zarconia may have had.

Let's say each customer had an average of two sites, that 65 customers on the budget servers alone who had the rug pulled from under them. I smell a rat. Everything was too hasty and very unprofessional. It seemed as if nobody cared. Let's be honest, moving from Zarconia to Digital Ocean took me a month to set everything up properly. It could be done much quicker, but I wanted to get everything right before the final switch. Plus I had several sites to move. Zarconia never gave people enough time and I thought it was most unusual for Nathan to (a) want people to move quickly and (b) not to meet his financial commitments. At the very worst, he should have backed up everything and offered copies to any client who needed them - even for a fee.

Nathan, if you're reading this can you please let everyone know how and why the wheels fell off. If it was something Boonex did, please don't be afraid to say so. I don't think Boonex has many friends on this forum at present, but in all honesty, nobody can morally take people's money for payment in advance and not refund it. In Australia you'd end up in jail.

Quote · 5d ago

I was with Zarconia for a short period of time a while back.

When I was with them, they were Reselling Hosting from ServerLoft, so eventually I just ended up getting my own Dedicated Server directly from ServerLoft for about 1/2 the money per month and just managing it myself.

If your Zarconia DNS Servers were set to NS1.NAMESERVERSERVICE.COM and NS2.NAMESERVERSERVICE.COM then you were actually with ServerLoft.

Another division of the same company is Server4You, which also uses the same DNS Servers I believe but is like a lower level of Hosting. They may have also been reselling theirs as well.

Quote · 5d ago

hi guys, i lost all of my years of hard work as zarconi vanished with no trace.

i had been paying but my accounts terminated and now they took money auto mode

i had more than 30 websites running and i had been paying for plesk unlimited licence as well

can anyone help

i had spent so much money to get my websites made using boonex and also paid for many plugins.

kind of nightmare ..

i now hate boonex and so nathan for making me go sleepless since past 3 -4 weeks

my sites like godesi.com which had so much date vanished and so many more

and many more vanished and stupid of me, i have no backsups.

how stupid of me

Quote · yesterday

Hi, I hope it solves for you and everyone else who has gotten their sites shut down by a bad webhosting. A couple of years ago, I warned everyone to take Zarkonia. But then everyone screamed at me that Nathan and Zarkonia were so good and you could trust them. Even a few years ago, Zarkonia made a bad start when they started there webhotell by crashing one of their hard drives where they had many customers. No back up they had. I tried to explain to many here at Boonex that Zarkonia is only reseller in major web hosting companies and they sold their services and that you could get cheaper and better security by purchasing web hosting directly from a trusted web host instead.

Quote · 18h ago

If anyone needs help with the current Zarconia mess then please send me a PM.  I can help with setting up a server or moving sites to a server.

To be fair to Zarconia, you have to realise that you were paying for the management of the server, Dolphin issues, etc.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 15h ago

I can't believe that people are still having their sites erased and tickets not answered.  Boonex, why haven't you set up some telephone numbers for people to call to reach a human being and not just emails?  Boonex, pay me a decent fee and I will start handling the support for Zarconia.

Quote · 15h ago

i had more than 30 websites running and i had been paying for plesk unlimited licence as well

can anyone help

i had spent so much money to get my websites made using boonex and also paid for many plugins.

kind of nightmare ..

i now hate boonex and so nathan for making me go sleepless since past 3 -4 weeks

how stupid of me

Unfortunately, due to over a month payment delay, your server was marked for cancellation and then terminated.

If we still have your server backup, we will provide it to you.

We will let you know about the backup presence or absence.

Quote · 11h ago

can anyone help

kind of nightmare ..

how stupid of me

Unfortunately, due to over a month payment delay, your server was marked for cancellation and then terminated.

I will make one comment on this given my Open Letter to Andrew Boon publish here on the forum moments ago.  I do not profess to know the details of my friends payments to Zarconia but what I will say is that all recurring payments were cancelled when Zarconia announced its closure.  Those of us paying monthly up until this point may have expected this to carry on given Boonex's eleventh hour saviour.  However it was then impossible make payment for almost a week due to an incorrectly configured PayPal gateway.  No other means of payment where given.  

I opened a ticket as soon as I realised this issue.  I have to date not received a reply.  Also it should be noted that in no update is made to a ticket in 168 its is automatically closed.

Steve E
Quote · 10h ago

This story is being repeated over and over.  Zarconia did not handle this correctly and with Boonex taking over it has just compounded the mess.  Nathan needs to come in to the forums and answer questions as well.  I was under the impression that Nathan was helping Boonex handle things.  There is no reason that people should have lost their sites if things had been handled correctly.

Boonex, I suggest you stop terminating servers even if you have to pay for them out of pocket because I have a feeling you are facing a very serious legal mess.

People need to reach someone, a human, by telephone, so there can be proper communications.  Evidently the ticket system is broken and that was not properly conveyed.  And Boonex's email support has been known for years to not be a reliable way to reach Boonex support; Andrew Boon, don't pretend otherwise.

Quote · 9h ago

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.