at the registration is a picture condition.

at the registration is a picture condition.

Admin not the possibility of this picture

to refuse or approve

is that what Boonex wanted?

Quote · 28 Feb 2019

@ Jonnaklasine, can you please prepare your posts in your native language and translate it via Google. Sometimes your questions are very hard to understand.

I don't ask my members to supply a profile picture when they sign up. Most people don't have a photo handy and new members usually want to see if the site suits them before before adding a photo.

If you make the photo mandatory, I'm sure you'll see a decline in new applications. Regardless, the photo should be subject to Admin approval. You just need to get your settings right. I think it's in /admin/modules/photos/settings. Untick Enable Auto-Activation For Photos.

Quote · 28 Feb 2019

dear johnk42,

I do not need teachings,

like pictures automatic activation or not.

I know everything

I also have to decide for myself

What better, with or without an image when registering.

also my

englich

is easy to understand

Quote · 2 Mar 2019

Can you look up the English word "Arrogant?" If you know everything, why do you ask so many questions here? Also, if your englich (sic)  is easy to understand, how come so many of us can't understand what you're trying to say?

I'll make a note of totally ignoring you in future.

Quote · 2 Mar 2019

I have also asked you to just post in your native language.  It was not a criticism of your English skills or of you; we were sincere in helping you and you just lost one of the few on the forum that is active and cares about helping. 

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 2 Mar 2019

If I may add something here, this is a typical misunderstanding among languages. Johnaklasine posted something that is a bit difficult to understand. On the other side johnk42 with his proven will to help, answered back in his native language. Now IMHO the problem lies to this: "I don't ask my members to supply a profile picture when they sign up. Most people don't have a photo handy and new members usually want to see if the site suits them before before adding a photo." Now, in French, Greek, Portuguese and maybe other languages too, people commonly use plural rather than singular to show respect to the person they address to and the above sentence might sound a bit hostile. I know it sounds weird and funny because there is nothing wrong with the sentence, on the contrary it is a very helpful one... but look how it can be translated in another language when the person does not understand English very well and comes from another culture, "I don't ask my members to supply a profile picture when they sign up (you fool, why the hell you do?!). Most people don't have a photo handy and new members usually want to see if the site suits them before adding a photo (and you Mr. amateur don't know this? And you come here with you poor English asking for help?) :-). I think that this is why Johnaklasine answered back being hostile with "I do not need teachings". Also, the "I know everything" I believe he wanted to say "I know all these" and I repeat, this is NOT johnk42 wrong approach but unfortunately wrongly perceived by Johnaklasine that is obviously a non-native English speaker. Since in this forum the English language is mainly used, the non-native people should make an effort to read the answers many times in order to understand the context well and although english is a straight forward language unlike other languages, sometimes it is neccessary to read between the lines in order to avoid misunderstandings.

And in an effort to change the mood a bit here, below is a very well known joke that you probably have heard before...

An Australian guy visited London for the first time. As he was crossing the street, a car coming from the right almost hit him! The car driver understood that the guy was not British and he started yelling "Did you come here to die?", and the Australian guy replied "No yesterdie!!!" :-)

Anyway, this is how I see it but again I may be wrong... 

Quote · 3 Mar 2019

Können Sie das englische Wort "Arrogant" nachschlagen? Wenn Sie alles wissen, warum stellen Sie hier so viele Fragen? Auch wenn Ihr Englisch leicht zu verstehen ist, warum können so viele von uns nicht verstehen, was Sie sagen wollen?

Ich werde mir merken, dass ich dich in Zukunft völlig ignoriere.

I want to apologize to you,

my choice of words was inappropriate

sorry

Quote · 11 May 2019

This is an easy fix.

In the Admin section

-> Builders

-> Profile Fields

- > Join Form Tab

--- slide the ProfilePhoto box down to the inactive items area - this will remove that field from the join form.

caredesign.net
Quote · 12 May 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.