brand new site hacked

Not a very impressive package you're trying to sell.

First, features didn't work right and I had to google up answers to get them working.

Support is non existant.

The same questions go unanswered.

And then my site was compromised because of your crap code.

There is no way I would ever pay for this product.

Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Before write things, read the forums.

Yes its correct that there are some problems, but most problems is because not correct installed server software, or servers with no specific  setting that Dolphin need to run.

And most servers are bad installed about security questions, or never updated to the newest software.
I have running two Dolphin installs with no problems.

Cheers.

Kids first
Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Yes its correct that there are some problems, but most problems is because not correct installed server software, or servers with no specific  setting that Dolphin need to run.

And most servers are bad installed about security questions, or never updated to the newest software.

Cheers.

Very true and you should review -->http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DolInstallation

Also OpenSource is intended to be free with minor licensing so you can evaluate it before purchasing licenses. You're more then welcome to go purchase some "commercial" software before evaluating it like PHPFox :)

I have been configuring Dolphin6.0+ for nearly 12 months. It's more stable then phpFox and more robust then Joomla. But around here...We are more interested in UNITY then impressing anyone. If you want to test Dolphin in it's full glory and see it work nicely please visit www.DolphinDomains.net workin Dolphin6.1.4 and you can even access the admin.

Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Cheers.

Very true and you should review -->http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DolInstallation

Also OpenSource is intended to be free with minor licensing so you can evaluate it before purchasing licenses. You're more then welcome to go purchase some "commercial" software before evaluating it like PHPFox :)

I have been configuring Dolphin6.0+ for nearly 12 months. It's more stable then phpFox and more robust then Joomla. But around here...We are more interested in UNITY then impressing anyone. If you want to test Dolphin in it's full glory and see it work nicely please visit www.DolphinDomains.net workin Dolphin6.1.4 and you can even access the admin.

Ditto:

Technical Requirements

Dolphin requires the following pre-requisites for your server:

• Linux/Unix (Red Hat, Debian, FreeBSD, Mandrake, etc.) or Windows OS, Apache Web Server
  • Ability to run executable files (necessary for ffmpeg.exe)
  • root SSH access (necessary for RMS installation)
  • PHP 4.3.6 and higher (register_globals must be Off, safe_mode must be Off, exec() must be allowed and allow_url_fopen also must be On) with mbstring, domxml and xsl extensions (they are required to run Orca forum and support UTF-8)
  • Sendmail or Postfix
  • shell or another interface for setting Cron Jobs
  • 20MB of disk space and 1MB of MySQL DB space for installation
  • 8MB of disk space and 50KB of MySQL DB space for an average user
Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.