cannot link database

I cannot get passed the database screen on the install.

I have created a database. I had to set host as localhost to get phpmyadmin to create database. I set global priviliges and still it doesnt work. Both user and database named dolphin.

I removed the passw from the image for security reasons.

1boo.PNG · 243K · 187 views
2boo.PNG · 7.4K · 197 views
Quote · 18 Mar 2018

It may depend on the server, but most shared servers prefix the database name to avoid duplicates. For example:

me _dolphin

you_dolphin

him_dolphin

You need to check phpmyadmin again and get the full database name, not just the dolphin bit.

The same applies to the user. It's usually prefixed as well to stop duplicates:

me _admin

you_admin

him_admin

When you fill out the page in your first screenshot, only enter the following:

Database Name:

Database User

Database Password.

It's not normal to get a 500 error at this stage. If the information is incorrect, you are usually redirected back to the page for another try.

Quote · 18 Mar 2018

Its not a shared server its a Synology NAS.

I have a screen dump of how it looks like in phpmyadmin as attachment.

(I removed the database passw from the screendump below for security reasons)

Now when I enter only:

Database Name:

Database User

Database Password.

I still get the same error.

I tried to remove localhost too and leave that input line blank but i still get the same error.

1boo2.PNG · 41.3K · 204 views
1boo3.PNG · 282.9K · 200 views
Quote · 18 Mar 2018

Don't worry too much about what phpMyAdmin says. It just creates the database. If you're using Zpanel or similar, you need to go back to the part where you allocate user names and users to see what the FULL database name is. More often than not it will be prefixed. It's essential that you use that prefix in both the database name and user name.

In my case it's:

xxxx_clubs       (database)

xxxx_username

I honestly can't say I've ever seen a setup where it's been different.

Don't delete anything on the page, just enter DB, User and password.

Quote · 18 Mar 2018

First of all, if you go to MariaDB website, they will have instructions for creating a repo where you can pull down the latest version of MariaDB instead of the 5 version you have.

The 500 error is coming from your web server.  If the install simply cannot connect to the database, then it will tell you that it cannot connect to the database; I am thinking something else is happening than the install.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 19 Mar 2018

Don't worry too much about what phpMyAdmin says. It just creates the database. If you're using Zpanel or similar, you need to go back to the part where you allocate user names and users to see what the FULL database name is. More often than not it will be prefixed. It's essential that you use that prefix in both the database name and user name.

In my case it's:

xxxx_clubs       (database)

xxxx_username

I honestly can't say I've ever seen a setup where it's been different.

Don't delete anything on the page, just enter DB, User and password.

He has taken a NAS (network attached storage) and is converting it to be used as a web server.  This can be done.  He hasn't mention using any sort of control panel at all; one doesn't have to use a control panel but that usually means doing everything from the command line and editing config files, etc. 

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 19 Mar 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.