edit base css ?

Hi i have edited my icons and changed the color of them, my question is my custom template doesn't have an icon.css so if i copy it to my custom template and use the @import url(../../base/css/icon.css);

will this overide the template base icon.css and be safe from upgrades

Quote · 10 Nov 2017

If you have a custom template, just copy the icon.css files to your custom template; no need to use @import.  Then you can edit the icon.css file in your custom template.  Upgrades do not touch any files in a custom template.  The template engine will use the css files in your custom template instead of from the base template.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 Nov 2017

The prefered way is to create file with the same name in your template and make an import of original file, then override only rules which require changes.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 14 Nov 2017

The prefered way is to create file with the same name in your template and make an import of original file, then override only rules which require changes.

so Alex T you are saying then i should create a icon.css in my custom template and use the @import url(../../base/css/icon.css); ???

Quote · 14 Nov 2017

I'm note even sure what @import url(../../base/css/icon.css); ??? is.

What the folks are saying is, any file in your custom template will override a file with the same name in the Boonex template base folder. 

So, grab the icons.css file from the base/css/ folder and place it in your templates/custom_template_name/css folder. Make your changes there and they'll override the code in base.css when the script is run.

As you've already made changes, you can just copy the file. However, in future only update the icon.css file in your custom template folder.

Future updates of Dolphin MAY replace the base/icons.css file and all your changes will be lost if you make them there. Dolphin updates WON'T replace your custom template folder.

I hope that makes sense. In theory, when Dolphin runs, it will read ALL the code in Template/Base folder, then the code in your custom template folder making on-the-fly changes as necessary.

Quote · 14 Nov 2017

However, if you are making changes to a lot of the classes and ids, the best way is to NOT use @import.  In fact, the best practice is not to use @import.  Just search the web on this.

Quote · 15 Nov 2017

so Alex T you are saying then i should create a icon.css in my custom template and use the @import url(../../base/css/icon.css); ???

What AlexT is saying is that you use @import which puts the bass icon.css file at the top of your css file.  Then you make the changes in the class or ID by adding that under the @import statement.  However, if you are planning on rewriting most of the classes and IDs, this is not the way to go since you will be loading in an overly large css file that simply redos most of the @import.

Quote · 15 Nov 2017

thanks all for replys,

i went with geek_girls original suggestion to just copy over icon.css and make changes there without using the @import, as geek_girl says if i did that then would be importing same info over again and loading a large css file when dont need to.

Quote · 15 Nov 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.