email not working

Hi,

I don't seem to be getting any email from the site for friend add notifications and the like.

I have set up the cron tasks properly as far as I can tell and they are running.

Is it possible I have entered something wrongly during the installation process, perhaps the path to the php executable (which I didn't really know exactly what I was looking for on the linux fedora box).

I will be migrating to a Windows server soon which I'm hoping will make it easier to install and configure RMS and I will know the exact path to the PHP executable so this may solve the problem but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

You may have entered it wrongly.

Open the file inc/header.inc.php

and see whether emails are correct.

also check your server cron jobs for the correctness of your email

----
Quote · 11 Jun 2008

i have ensured the path to php interpreter is correct in cron jobs and header.inc.php and that the correctness of my email as far as I understand it is correct as it is the email address i wish to send from, still not working. Emails sent to members just don't arrive after the cron job runs.

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

Create a file in test.php

with contents as follows

<?php

$to = 'Your email here';

$mess = 'This is a test';

mail($to,'test',$mess);

?>

Call this page in your browser, then check whether the mail arrives to your inbox. If not check for any problems in your server SMTP.

----
Quote · 14 Jun 2008

I have tried this and no emails get sent. What steps should I take next?

Create a file in test.php

with contents as follows

<?php

$to = 'Your email here';

$mess = 'This is a test';

mail($to,'test',$mess);

?>

Call this page in your browser, then check whether the mail arrives to your inbox. If not check for any problems in your server SMTP.

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

This prob appears to be an issue with Host. With the Cron jobs set up to perform every 10 minutes...with Cupid.php and Notifies.php...that is 288 emails (to me) in a 24-hour period, which  they stated I needed to request to be whitelisted...

Still waiting from decision by host....argh.

Quote · 24 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.