fix the timezone in D7.0.5

good news for all to set the time zone for D7.0.5 this one working:
1)open /inc/header.inc.php
after <? add:
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Rome');
Change Europe/Rome with your timezone (you can find supported timzone here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php )
2) Open /inc/classes/BxDolDb.php
locate (around line 87):
mysql_query("SET sql_mode = ''", $this->link);
below this row add:
$this->res("SET time_zone = '+1:00'");
Change +1:00 with your timezone...
Save and upload all....test.
I tested try this and seems It work...
This trick simple set timezone per connection, not per host, in this way u can change timezone without change server's time, in php and even in mysql!
Quote · 9 Mar 2011

As long as all your members live in the same time zone, you'll be OK.  Members in all 24 time zones will see what the time is in the time zone that you specify....which is OK for local sites.... global sites... not so good.

Boonex really needs to fix this, so all members can see the time in their own time zone.  Members need to be able to select their time zone in account settings.  It's a lot of coding to do this right.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 9 Mar 2011

As long as all your members live in the same time zone, you'll be OK.  Members in all 24 time zones will see what the time is in the time zone that you specify....which is OK for local sites.... global sites... not so good.

Boonex really needs to fix this, so all members can see the time in their own time zone.  Members need to be able to select their time zone in account settings.  It's a lot of coding to do this right.

But what about "RTL" ?!!!

Tongue out

Quote · 10 Mar 2011

Just turn your monitor upside down.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Mar 2011

HL: haha good one :-)

Quote · 10 Mar 2011

Just turn your monitor upside down.

I've seen it somewhere ... It's not funny more than once lol Laughing

By the way, I tried this and it does not work for me!
Quote · 11 Mar 2011

this should be fixed as soon as possible!!

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
Quote · 11 Mar 2011

This works! on my 7.0.5

Thank you :-)

Quote · 12 Mar 2011

Works on my 7.0.6...thank's..

Quote · 19 Apr 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.