how to make new page

hi im trying to add a new page called mebo and all i need to do is put to lines off html code in does anyone no how to do it i can add the block and set the new page up in page builder but how do i put any information in that page just set the wigth thanks

Quote · 9 Jul 2008

Create a new page through admin panel page builder. and then drag a HTML block there and click it and then advanced and add the contents with tinymce editor there.

Regards,

Praveen

----
Quote · 9 Jul 2008

Tried that but block will not move to new column on page.

Any help here?

Quote · 10 Jul 2008

Make sure you're using Firefox, I couldn't get it to work in IE7...

Add the page, set the width, and add at least one column.

When you go to add the html block, drag it to the lower left corner of the page area... if you drag it anywhere else it won't stick.

(I'm using dolphin 6.1.2)

Quote · 10 Jul 2008

Use firefox for this.

----
Quote · 13 Jul 2008

I have successfully added a new page, and I have placed two columns with one HTML block in each of them.  I added content to the HTML blocks, and everything worked fine.  But when I view the new page, the HTML blocks do not show up.  Its like I never added them in there.  Does someone know what to do about that?  I checked my DB, the blocks are there with the content I added as well.  So why don't they show up when viewing the new page??

Quote · 15 Jul 2008

When you say you can't see the page... Can you see the content when you choose the Preview option from the Page Builder in Admin?  Or is it not showing up on the expected Page that you've created and added to the Menu Navigation?

Quote · 18 Jul 2008

When you say you can't see the page... Can you see the content when you choose the Preview option from the Page Builder in Admin?  Or is it not showing up on the expected Page that you've created and added to the Menu Navigation?

Both.  When I preview the new page, neither my columns nor my html blocks appear on the page.  Nor do they show up when I pull the new page up on my site.  BUt when I look in the database, the new html blocks are there and I see the data I added into them.  I'm stumped!

Quote · 18 Jul 2008

Ditto here! I cannot see the html in either the admin preview or as a member!

It shows up in database....with the content that I placed. But nada when viewing the page.

We need Mr. Super P to the rescue on this one.....

Both.  When I preview the new page, neither my columns nor my html blocks appear on the page.  Nor do they show up when I pull the new page up on my site.  BUt when I look in the database, the new html blocks are there and I see the data I added into them.  I'm stumped!

Quote · 23 Jul 2008

Hellloooo Boonex....anyone on this one?

Thanks.

Quote · 24 Jul 2008

Was there ever a solution for this  .....  ?

Quote · 24 Sep 2008

Make sure you're using Firefox, I couldn't get it to work in IE7...

Add the page, set the width, and add at least one column.

When you go to add the html block, drag it to the lower left corner of the page area... if you drag it anywhere else it won't stick.

(I'm using dolphin 6.1.2)

I am using dolphin 6.1.4

I tried it according to the quoted text by bjenning.

It failed.

Then i started again and at first took a deep brath.... *smile

1) I searched through this forum and found a lot of hints which (I think) partwise not tested by the authoers themselves.

2) THEN I just accepted postings from guys with more than 50 postings

I found grat hints on the webpage boonexnerd from jtadeo ---> grat stuff, demovids for some of his hints

------I found http://www.freenet.de/mitglieder_center/diverses/logout/index.html

and added a new language key like described in the page abobe (by the way, no fee, free login, he just needs MORE COFFEE to make MORE HINTS and TRICKS.

so, the language key was there.

3) THEN I made the rest of the jtadeo-page.

and it works

Quote · 24 Sep 2008

I have created new pages through admin panel page builder for 6.1.4 with the following Steps and have had no problems.

In order to save yourself some grief, pre-create the content of your page using html codes and try to use the CSS styles found in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/general.css

Use Firefox to do this, it does not work in IE. I don't know the effects of any other browser.

1. Click on the New Page Link, enter the page name and click Ok (Test Page for this lesson).
    2. Click on a link of any other page in the Page Builder to open that page and then reopen the newly created page again. (This writes the page to inc/db_cached/PageView.inc )
    3. Move the Page Width slider to match the size of the rest of the pages on your site.
    4. Click Add New Column to create a column.
    5. Drag the _HTML Block to the slider at the lower left corner of the new column, a place holder for the block should appear, just drop the block there.
    6. Repeat Step 2.
    7. Click on the _HTML Block link to open the tinymce editor.
    8. In Caption Lang Key: Enter a name for the block (Test block)
    9. Set Visible for: Guest, Member or both
    10. Click on the HTML button and enter the html code into the HTML Source Editor, click Update
    11. Click Save and repeat Step 2
    12. Click on View Page and you should see your new page with the new block.
    13. If you need to create additional columns just repeat Steps 4
    14. Repeat Steps 5 to 11 to create additional blocks.
    15. Record the URL of the new page (http://domain name/viewPage.php?ID=test%20page (%20 is the code for the space in the page name). You will need it for creating a menu item in the Menu Builder.

Your new page should work.

Drakon

Quote · 30 Sep 2008

I have made a new page with free downloads for members.  But as the page has a unique url - that can be copied and given to anyone who is not a member.  Is there anyway I can prevent this or make it so that you can only access the page when you are logged in as a member?

Quote · 7 Oct 2008

I have created new pages through admin panel page builder for 6.1.4 with the following Steps and have had no problems.

In order to save yourself some grief, pre-create the content of your page using html codes and try to use the CSS styles found in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/general.css

Use Firefox to do this, it does not work in IE. I don't know the effects of any other browser.

1. Click on the New Page Link, enter the page name and click Ok (Test Page for this lesson).
    2. Click on a link of any other page in the Page Builder to open that page and then reopen the newly created page again. (This writes the page to inc/db_cached/PageView.inc )
    3. Move the Page Width slider to match the size of the rest of the pages on your site.
    4. Click Add New Column to create a column.
    5. Drag the _HTML Block to the slider at the lower left corner of the new column, a place holder for the block should appear, just drop the block there.
    6. Repeat Step 2.
    7. Click on the _HTML Block link to open the tinymce editor.
    8. In Caption Lang Key: Enter a name for the block (Test block)
    9. Set Visible for: Guest, Member or both
    10. Click on the HTML button and enter the html code into the HTML Source Editor, click Update
    11. Click Save and repeat Step 2
    12. Click on View Page and you should see your new page with the new block.
    13. If you need to create additional columns just repeat Steps 4
    14. Repeat Steps 5 to 11 to create additional blocks.
    15. Record the URL of the new page (http://domain name/viewPage.php?ID=test%20page (%20 is the code for the space in the page name). You will need it for creating a menu item in the Menu Builder.

Your new page should work.

Drakon

I cannot get the new page viewable. I am guessing this has to do with the .htaccess page and have searched for answers but nothing works. Right now I have the permalinks off and my new page will not show up even with the %20 replacing the space in they hyperlink. The only way I may view the page is while I'm in the Admin Page Builder and click the View Page Link. Thanks for any help on this.

Quote · 7 Jan 2009

Found the answer - the link page name was Case Sensitive and I had to update the .htaccess file using the instructions at http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/NewPageCreation

Quote · 7 Jan 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.