httpxml IE Browser issue???

At first, I thought it might be a problem specific to my installation, or my browser. But, I have now tested my IE browser on the boonex.com/unity site.

I am unable to logon to boonex.com/unity with a IE browser v 7.0. Neither the text link nor the graphic LOGON button will bring up the logon box. All other links on the main page work just fine.

Further, even in the absence of a logon, the Dolphin 'Forums' area will not work with my IE 7.0 browser. A small error message box pops up and says "HTTPXML Object Failed. Please Upgrade Your Browser". Since the browser I am already using to test boonex.com is IE 7.0., I am not sure what to upgrade to.

I began the test because I noticed that the main page at the Dolphin sites I have set up, do not display Forum Post summaries when I am testing them with my IE 7.0 browser. This section of the page incessantly attempts to connect...but never does. When I try to connect to the Forums area, the HTTPXML error box comes up.

The behavior is the same when I test my own site.

I tried looking at Microsoft for a browser upgrade, but all I see is v7.0 for xp, which is what I have.

I do not have these problems with Firefox.

I can also assume that not all participants in boonex are having this same problem with IE browsers. You can all be using non-IE browsers.

A little Google research seems to indicate that this is the issue: "The XMLHttpRequest Object"

Is there something that has to be added to my server, or is this strictly a browser issue. If it is a browser issue, how are you all dealing with the fact that IE has a large installed base.

On the off chance that the new code strings added for security might be causing this, I hashed them out to test the behavior. The error did not stop.

Or am I just experiencing some odd browser behavior.

Arthur

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

Strange, I have no problems with IE 7 to logon or use this site  at all

cheers

Kids first
Quote · 16 Jul 2008

Thank you Killerhai. I am not surprised. Now, I need to figure out why your IE 7 and mine behave differently.

I treated myself to a whole new install of service pak 3 from MS today. Plus, a whole new install of IE 7.

Turns out that I am able to use a different PC in my office that works just fine with IE on my site and boonex. It is an IE version 6.

The first pc is still unable to get Orca to function with IE v 7, or able to use boonex.com. The Status Bar says "Javascript:void(0)". Does that define the problem any better. It seems like it might be a setting on this pc. I have looked at most of the setting, but I don't see one that looks incorrect.

Any suggestions?

Arthur

Quote · 16 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.