javascript:void(0);

Hello all,

I am new to boonex. I have been using Dolphin7 for the last one month. Have this issue with my Orca forums, which does not works and the orca forum home page shows links that are dead and the page shows an error- "javascript:void(0);"..

Please do help me to solve this...

Thanks in advance.

Quote · 4 Jan 2010

and one more thing.. I am working on a localhost for the time being to develop my whole community site before putting it online..

Quote · 4 Jan 2010

I am having the same error. I can not compile the language. When I click the link with the "en" on it, I get a javascript error and the spinner under forum posts will not go away.

Quote · 6 Jan 2010

Try this out.

Go to admin panel > Tools > Modules.

Scroll to the bottom of the installed modules and select all then click on Recompile Languages.

Then go to the Orca Forum and click on EN. Will hopefully do the trick.

Quote · 6 Jan 2010

Try this out.

Go to admin panel > Tools > Modules.

Scroll to the bottom of the installed modules and select all then click on Recompile Languages.

Then go to the Orca Forum and click on EN. Will hopefully do the trick.

That didn't do anything. Still getting javascript error with spinning icon.

Quote · 6 Jan 2010

@Profesize

Hi thanks for your suggestion... tried but nothing works... I suppose this can be my problem, I am doing it on localhost.. So the folder "Modules/Forum" is not write enabled.. this might not allow any changes in to the folder..

can this be the reason??

Quote · 6 Jan 2010

@Profesize

Hi thanks for your suggestion... tried but nothing works... I suppose this can be my problem, I am doing it on localhost.. So the folder "Modules/Forum" is not write enabled.. this might not allow any changes in to the folder..

can this be the reason??

I've never tried it on a localhost so honestly do not know. It all really depends on what OS you're using I think. Are you on Windows or Linux? I guess they both have permissions but in very different way.

Have you thought about using XAMPP? Or are you using it already?

Quote · 6 Jan 2010

@Profesize

can this be the reason??

I've never tried it on a localhost so honestly do not know. It all really depends on what OS you're using I think. Are you on Windows or Linux? I guess they both have permissions but in very different way.

Have you thought about using XAMPP? Or are you using it already?

Permissions are basically the same just executed in a different manner. I had forums working on D6 but groups weren't. Now it's the other way around. lol. XAMPP?

Quote · 6 Jan 2010

Hi guys..

I am using Windows... and its so secured that i am unable to make its properties to be write enabled... lolll... :)

As i try changing the folder's property to allow it to be write enabled it does not works....

Yeah.. have heard of XAMP, that is for Linux i suppose??? I am using WAMP friends... for now i have stopped concentrating on this issue.. will work on it after installing it online..

Guys are you getting a folder named "base_en or Uni_en" created??? I don get any such folder??

Quote · 7 Jan 2010

Hi guys..

I am using Windows... and its so secured that i am unable to make its properties to be write enabled... lolll... :)

As i try changing the folder's property to allow it to be write enabled it does not works....

Yeah.. have heard of XAMP, that is for Linux i suppose??? I am using WAMP friends... for now i have stopped concentrating on this issue.. will work on it after installing it online..

Guys are you getting a folder named "base_en or Uni_en" created??? I don get any such folder??

Is your windows server hosted by someone else? If so, just tell them what you are trying to do. They should make the accomodations for you.

Where is this base_en or Uni_en folder? I will check and let you know? Why are you concerned about it? What error message did you get mentioning this?

Quote · 7 Jan 2010

@Profesize

can this be the reason??

I read a post from Zarcon where he mentioned disabling caching from Setting -> Advanced -> Templace and unticking "Enable cache for HTML files". This solved the problem with compiling orca and creating forums. I do not know why these options have to be changed but it worked. If I come across his thread I will post it here.

Good luck and god speed :)

Quote · 8 Jan 2010

@reason8

Thanks friend..

i wil try as u said. hope it works...

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

@reason8

as i said before i dont get the folders "base_en or Uni_en folder".. these two folders are to be in "modules\boonex\forum\templates" i suppose.. this was the need as i read in one of the forum posted here.. please sheck out.

thank

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

@reason8

as i said before i dont get the folders "base_en or Uni_en folder".. these two folders are to be in "modules\boonex\forum\templates" i suppose.. this was the need as i read in one of the forum posted here.. please sheck out.

thank

The only thing in that folder is: /modules/boonex/forum/templates/base/images/icons and under icons are bx_forums.png  comments.png  orca.gif

Now I do have /modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_en and /modules/boonex/forum/layout/uni_en

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

hello friend..

now that has been my problem.. i dont know why i do not get those two "base_en or Uni_en" files in the location folder you have referred to?

any reasons or solution for this?

Quote · 11 Jan 2010

This is how my Orca forum page looks...

Here the issue is i am unable to compile the language and nothing works on click here... do help out.

thank you.

Quote · 11 Jan 2010

hello friend..

now that has been my problem.. i dont know why i do not get those two "base_en or Uni_en" files in the location folder you have referred to?

any reasons or solution for this?

I am not sure. Try copying them over from the dolphin archive that you downloaded. Maybe there was a problem with the install. I am not sure.

Quote · 11 Jan 2010

This is how my Orca forum page looks...

Here the issue is i am unable to compile the language and nothing works on click here... do help out.

thank you.

I had this problem too where language would not complie. The resolution was to disable caching on everything except HTML:

Login as admin. Click Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced -> Template and deselect all CACHING exept for "Enable cache for HTML files:". Then save. Go back to orca and click the Compile Lang button, reload the page (doesn't hurt) and then click manage and create your first forum.

Let me know if this works. I saw a post from Zarcon about this but I dont remember where. I really need to start copying these links down somewhere. :)

Quote · 11 Jan 2010

Hey yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................

thanks a ton friend... finally my Forum is working.. woww... i juat love this.

thanks again.. you are simply great.. thanks a lot for the help.. :)

Quote · 11 Jan 2010

Hi reason8..

I have a similar issue in case with adding of the video files.. i get a page error as i had for the forum.

What can be a solution to this???

Thank you.

Quote · 11 Jan 2010

oke I'am stuck at this time... what I do I got the [[ not away. Forum is working but the language is not compiling. 
I got now :  Please check folders permissions  but all settings are good. 
I use Firefox for this actions. 

If I use the language compiling in admin I see the both languages are compiled, but not in the forum themselves compiling doing nothing.
Very strange this because in D6 and D7 RC3 there was no problem.

Kids first
Quote · 12 Jan 2010

Hi reason8..

I have a similar issue in case with adding of the video files.. i get a page error as i had for the forum.

What can be a solution to this???

Thank you.

Page error? What is the exact error? When accessing the page, uploading or after uploading?

Quote · 13 Jan 2010

oke I'am stuck at this time... what I do I got the [[ not away. Forum is working but the language is not compiling. 
I got now :  Please check folders permissions  but all settings are good. 
I use Firefox for this actions. 

If I use the language compiling in admin I see the both languages are compiled, but not in the forum themselves compiling doing nothing.
Very strange this because in D6 and D7 RC3 there was no problem.

The language is not working? Are you using english or trying to compile for another language? What is the exact error?

Quote · 13 Jan 2010

Hi

I am facing the same problem as

I am facing the same problem. Have you solved it ??? 

Thanks in advance

umvp
Quote · 13 Feb 2012

Wish i'd of found this before i deleted my forums and everything that was using it! Simple error, js cache in advanced settings was turned on.

Quote · 3 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.